Weather stripping shrinking

schew

Has anyone experienced or heard of this??
The weather stripping on the rear upper corners seemed to have shrunk and detached. Both ends seem to be attached so I cant simply pull/slide the stripping tight to reattach it to the curved section.

20191005_111151.jpg
20191005_111140.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Common occurrence. Order some new stuff on Amazon and fix it, easy enough!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

uncledon

Her chauffeur
I've had the same thing occur on the underside edge of my fifth wheel. That style of trim snaps into that track, but if it shrinks it will pull out. Yours has shrunk enough that you need to replace it now. It should pull out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jmarnell

Had a very similar issue on our Cyclone, but at the front under the nose. I just cut the strip at the very bottom and pulled it up so I could pop it back in at the curve. You hardly notice it is now slightly short at the bottom, and it has never popped out again. I think the factory just pulls them too tight so a little flexing makes them pop out of the channel.

schew

Do I need to worry about water penetration if i simply cut and slide the weather stripping up, exposing the bottom??
I guess I could dab silicone on top of the exposed screwheads?

jmarnell

Do I need to worry about water penetration if i simply cut and slide the weather stripping up, exposing the bottom??
I guess I could dab silicone on top of the exposed screwheads?

It looked to me like the plastic strips are mostly decorative to hide the screwheads so I wasn't worried about that. But a little silicone can't hurt!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Measure the width of the existing vinyl strip before ordering. It comes in both 1” and 3/4”. My BH has both (white) on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk