Satellite TV

Boscowtx

We are weekend campers, have directv tv at the house, can I take the receiver from the house, put it in th Rv, get a portable satellite antenna, get service like I do at the house but from different campgrounds. With out paying extra?

danemayer

Yes, but some portable dishes have LNBs that require power. You may need a power inserter in between the dish and receiver.

carl.swoyer

We are weekend campers, have directv tv at the house, can I take the receiver from the house, put it in th Rv, get a portable satellite antenna, get service like I do at the house but from different campgrounds. With out paying extra?
Yes you can.
I did it for years. However I just recently closed my direct TV account.
I also used a in motion satellite.
Pm me if you're interested in the automatic satellite. I'm in Florida.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Garypowell

No one has mentioned that you won’t get your local stations if you move out of the cone they are broadcast to.

you can call every time you move to see if there are local Channels broadcast into that area.....but I can tell you it is a pain.

we eventually for most of our years used Directv’s DNS or distant network services. Which allowed you to see New York City channels or LA ones depending on how they set you up.

our RV is now stationary but we still have it designated as an RV account with two addresses.

id call and act like you are “moving” and talk to someone in that group.....they always seem to be the sharpest at how to do what.

SNOKING

No one has mentioned that you won’t get your local stations if you move out of the cone they are broadcast to.

you can call every time you move to see if there are local Channels broadcast into that area.....but I can tell you it is a pain.

we eventually for most of our years used Directv’s DNS or distant network services. Which allowed you to see New York City channels or LA ones depending on how they set you up.

our RV is now stationary but we still have it designated as an RV account with two addresses.

id call and act like you are “moving” and talk to someone in that group.....they always seem to be the sharpest at how to do what.

I have gone to using Directv chat to make our two annual address changes and tell them that I will do the refresh myself via my Directv account logon. I three complete SWM setups. One in the Bighorn in the Washington park, one that travels and one on the park model in Arizona. I switched out two of our older HDDVR for mini gennies as they are smaller and easier to transport. So the gennie and two minis travel back and forth now. The guy that came to install the minis gave be extra power supplies for them, life is good. We can get Phoenix locals as far North as Page, Az and Washington locals South thru Oregon. I find the SWR slimeline dish easier to align then the old SD dishs. Assure the mast is vertical in both directions, put your zip code into the setup step and it gives you the elevation and skew settings, then you just swing the azimuth to find the sats. I start with 101 and fine turn the signal meter on that, then go to 103 and peak those.

Chris

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
If you switch over to Dish you can get locals every time you move. That's what we do.

carl.swoyer

If you switch over to Dish you can get locals every time you move. That's what we do.
How often is every time ?
Can you call in while on, say a 3 to 4 month RV trip as I just did?
Longest stay was Cody Wyoming 14 day dry camp at Camp Wally world.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
How often is every time ?
Can you call in while on, say a 3 to 4 month RV trip as I just did?
Longest stay was Cody Wyoming 14 day dry camp at Camp Wally world.

I change my local DISH channels every time I move, no matter how often. Do it through the MyDISH app on my phone. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I change my local DISH channels every time I move, no matter how often. Do it through the MyDISH app on my phone. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great news.
I just left DirecTV for now and if we don't get out of the air tv we put a movie in.
But if I go back to satillite I check into Dish Network.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I change locations 3 or 4 times a week when I'm traveling. I must make a telephone call because I use the Hopper and Joey for my equipment and it can't be done online with MyDish.com. Takes about ten minutes for the channels to be changed.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Yes, but the one caveat to that is that if you have a DVR at home that you will use to record channels while you are gone won't record if you go outside your service area and have to change your service address to get the satellite channels if you travel more than about 300 miles from your home address.

Rod

farside291

We also travel with a full size dish on a tripod we set up every time we move, for local channels I put up the bat wing antenna. Usually that will pull in all local channels. Directv Dish will usually receive channels above 67 but nothing below. I just switch the input on the living room tv between the antenna and the HDMI. But in the bedroom we do not have that ability with our current set up. Only one cable to the bedroom TV and it is switched in the front closet by moving the coax. I could put a switch but really not a big deal for us. Check out the site TV4RV.com they have some great products. We have been using their tripod and dish for years with no issues.

philbrook

I recently dumped my home cable service and went to Dish who I have had for our RV for years. Here is what changed. My cost for TV and phone dropped $60/month. My Dish rate for 120+ channels is $80/month. The best benefit is my RV now cost me $7/month per z211 receiver by adding to my home account, plus by going to myDish I can activate at my convenience. In addition, by using the Wingard Pathway X2 sat dish my satellite locating is automatic and my wife can watch tv in the bedroom while I am in the living area. The only downside to the Pathway is that she has to watch programming on whatever satellite the living room sat box is pointed at. Most of the time she gets what channels she likes.

I have a 2012 Big Country 3595 RE. I have Dish with an automatic satellite on top, a sat receiver in the living room. The co-ax brings the sat signal to the receiver and HDMI takes the signal to the TV. Is it possible to patch the TV signal through to the bedroom TV? I know the two TVs would have the same show, but I was wondering about this last weekend. Thanks.