2020 Northtrail 33RETS scraping/low ground clearance/needs lift kit?

I have recently bought the camper. Ive had it out twice and have scraped at the rear and at the front on the blue ox u-bolts that hold the chain. These bolts are 6 1/4 from the ground. I used the fold down storage shelf on the rear of the camper that has the spare secured to it. The spare is the lowest point when folded down for hauling bikes, wood etc... This scraped and tore the tire cover. The camper is perfectly level when hauling. The scraping occurs on normal low grade driveways to gas stations or other similar entrance and exits. Anyone have similar issues if so what was your fix.

'Lil Guy'

Corrrect trac system will lift the rig 2" While trying to get my Elkridge E289 level with y Ram 4X4, I also went from 15" to 16" wheels with taller tires. After you get the desired height your seeking, you'll need to adjust your hitch for a level tow. Good luck with your endeavor.

Pegasus3325 - [FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Did you ever solve your issue? We just purchased a 2021 33BKSS this past weekend and have already scraped the unit multiple times (the BlueOx bolts and the bolts that hold the rear cargo shelf on). We're looking for a solution as we love the trailer otherwise, but don't seem to be able to take it anywhere without having clearance issues.[/FONT]

msd123mp

We picked up our new 33RETS this spring (2021). We were so excited to get into this floor plan. We didn't notice it at the time, but, even from the factory before being delivered to our dealer here in Texas, the trailer scraped the back bumper whenever it traveled over a dip or speed bump. It almost pulled the spare tire off as it was lower than the actual bumper. You'd think that with the overall length of this trailer that someone would have noticed there's only about 8 inches of clearance from the back bumper to the ground. With an almost 39 foot total length it's obvious that the trailer's hind end will bottom out. After just our second trip with this trailer I was forced to FIX what the factory design folks should have known was a problem. It cost me $850 for a suspension lift to fix this design flaw at a local shop. Now were good but really this could have been avoided with $35 in parts at the factory. Highly recommend getting a lift kit for this model.

Attachments

• 20210522_174844.jpg
    20210522_174844.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210522_174914.jpg
    20210522_174914.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
We ended up lifting our 2021 33BKSS as well. We took it to a local trailer shop and had them convert the suspension from underslung to overslung, giving us an extra 5 or 6" in ground clearance. Highly recommend lifting as well as this has resolved our scraping issues.