Rainier dropped?

AWesdorp

Hi everyone,
The Rainier has been discontinued. We only built 3 of them and all are sold.

The newest Landmark is our Daytona, definitely not short but pretty amazing looking. Hope to get pics online soon.

Hope you are all doing well.
Andy

CDN

B and B
Option for a shorter Landmark.

We have a Version 2 Louisville with Theatre seating and Storage Couch. No Dinette. We just finished 85 nights out and we do Camp in Provincial Parks and eat outside most of the time, we have a Coffee Table that raised we use the couch when needed. Shorter trailer was a must for us and this 38 ft fits the bill. Lots of storage and Cargo Capacity is just over 4,000 lbs.

I still see some for sale at dealers either Version 2 No Dinette or Version 3 with Dinette and single chair (Morry's Walkerton Ontario has one)

Brian

akrebel

Hi everyone,
The Rainier has been discontinued. We only built 3 of them and all are sold.

The newest Landmark is our Daytona, definitely not short but pretty amazing looking. Hope to get pics online soon.

Hope you are all doing well.
Andy

Andy,
Please explain how we could have just purchased a 2020 Rainier from La Mesa in Tucson on 12/13/19 if you only built 3 and they were all sold as of your Oct 2019 post. No wonder we couldn’t find it on the website. Why was it discontinued?

Thanks,
Cheryl

travlingman

Andy,
Please explain how we could have just purchased a 2020 Rainier from La Mesa in Tucson on 12/13/19 if you only built 3 and they were all sold as of your Oct 2019 post. No wonder we couldn’t find it on the website. Why was it discontinued?

Thanks,
Cheryl

I would say Heartland counts a sale as when it leaves their lot to a dealer. Le Mesa bought the Rainier from Heartland so it is considered a sale to Heartland.

TXgearhead

Kinda makes me wonder why they quit at 3. That doesn't seem enough to gauge demand. Maybe limited production facilities??

jbeletti

Heartland's sale is "to the dealer". When a unit leaves Heartland's dispatch lot, it is owned by the dealer. This explains how Heartland sold the 3 Rainier's well before the dealers sold (retailed) them to end user customers.

I am not involved in decisions to discontinue products but in nearly all cases, whether a floor plan continues to be produced or is discontinued is a function of sales. In the case of Rainier, my sense is there was not enough dealer interest.

This takes nothing away from the product or the 3 families that purchased them. They made their decision based on their own needs and not what the rest of the market was looking for.

So while there won't be a large Rainier following, we appreciate our Rainier owners as much as all of our product owners.

Welcome to the family!

TXgearhead

Just seems to me a shorter Landmark would fill a void in the product line. All the Landmarks are within a few feet in length with each other. There is not much choice from any manufacturer if you want a well appointed 5th wheel in the 34-36 foot range. Bigger is not always better, especially if you are traveling and not full time.

jbeletti

Just seems to me a shorter Landmark would fill a void in the product line. All the Landmarks are within a few feet in length with each other. There is not much choice from any manufacturer if you want a well appointed 5th wheel in the 34-36 foot range. Bigger is not always better, especially if you are traveling and not full time.

As I recently went from a 42' Landmark to a 31' Sundance travel trailer, I agree that bigger isn't always better, but depends on your drivers, your needs etc.

And while we are loving the smaller package and where we can go with it, there are of course trade-offs.

So while many truly do want a really nice, really short 5th wheel, through these trials by manufacturers making shorter units, there just isn't enough of a market for most manufacturers to commit long-term to such a model.

That said, things could change. I personally wonder how these upcoming all-electric pickup trucks will affect the RV space. To get any reasonable towing distance from them, the RVs they pull will have to be lighter. And smaller usually means lighter.

akrebel

Andy,

Thanks,
Cheryl

Thanks to all for responding. We’re enjoying our Rainier and look forward to meeting the other two families who bought one so we can form our own Rainier Collectors club😊

Cheryl

RoadJunkie

I personally wonder how these upcoming all-electric pickup trucks will affect the RV space. To get any reasonable towing distance from them, the RVs they pull will have to be lighter. And smaller usually means lighter.

Unless there is a significant breakthrough in battery technology, I'm unlikely to be affected by all-electric pickup trucks in my lifetime; But they are really neat. I saw on the news that the new Tesla performs a "tank" maneuver and spins 360 degrees within it's own footprint. Can't see the 5'er keeping up with that. But there... I've gone and hijacked the thread. Sorry. :angel:

jbeletti

Thanks to all for responding. We’re enjoying our Rainier and look forward to meeting the other two families who bought one so we can form our own Rainier Collectors club😊

Cheryl

What rallies are you hoping to make this year? Love to see your coach.

jbeletti

Unless there is a significant breakthrough in battery technology, I'm unlikely to be affected by all-electric pickup trucks in my lifetime; But they are really neat. I saw on the news that the new Tesla performs a "tank" maneuver and spins 360 degrees within it's own footprint. Can't see the 5'er keeping up with that. But there... I've gone and hijacked the thread. Sorry. :angel:

I couldn't find the Tesla Cyber Truck doing that but I did find the Rivian video and man, that was way cool (link to video).

Yeah, sorry about the hijack Cheryl and Augie. Hope to see your Rainier this year!

driver311

as i recently went from a 42' landmark to a 31' sundance travel trailer, i agree that bigger isn't always better, but depends on your drivers, your needs etc.

And while we are loving the smaller package and where we can go with it, there are of course trade-offs.

So while many truly do want a really nice, really short 5th wheel, through these trials by manufacturers making shorter units, there just isn't enough of a market for most manufacturers to commit long-term to such a model.

That said, things could change. I personally wonder how these upcoming all-electric pickup trucks will affect the rv space. To get any reasonable towing distance from them, the rvs they pull will have to be lighter. And smaller usually means lighter.

is this a ford better idea