2011 Big Country 3650RL light switch

Shipmom

We recently purchased 2011 Big Country 3650RL and can’t find the switches for the 2 outside security lights anywhere. We have looked the rv over and can’t locate them. Help!

Kathie Turner

danemayer

Hi Shipmom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I would expect the switches on your rig are in the control panel along with the rest of your switches. I'm guessing maybe you have tried all the switches and the lights don't turn on. It may be that the bulbs are burned out. Our 2011 came with incandescent bulbs in those fixtures, that have a relatively short life - I think ours burned out in the first year or two.

The switches may be labeled "Scare Lights", or "Flood Lights", or "DS/ODS Security".

Shipmom

Hi Shipmom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I would expect the switches on your rig are in the control panel along with the rest of your switches. I'm guessing maybe you have tried all the switches and the lights don't turn on. It may be that the bulbs are burned out. Our 2011 came with incandescent bulbs in those fixtures, that have a relatively short life - I think ours burned out in the first year or two.

The switches may be labeled "Scare Lights", or "Flood Lights", or "DS/ODS Security".
They are not in the control panel, we looked there first thing because that’s where they were in our old rig. We have looked in every cabinet and everywhere else we can think of and can’t find them.

danemayer

There were a couple of years where remotes were used to control some of the lights - I didn't think that included 2011 models though.

Maybe another 2011 Big Country owner will chime in.

danemayer

If you didn't get the remote with the RV, you have 2 choices:

1. You can contact Lippert to see if they can sell you a replacement remote or perhaps if you can locate it online on Ebay or at eTrailer or somewhere else.

If you get one, I'm pretty sure you'll have to locate the "brain" and authorize/program the new remote through some manipulation of the "brain".
  2. You could locate the "brain", find the hot wire that controls the scare lights, remove both ends from the "brain" and run them to a new switch that you install in your control panel.

Shipmom

If you didn't get the remote with the RV, you have

1. You can contact Lippert to see if they can sell you a replacement remote or perhaps if you can locate it online on Ebay or at eTrailer or somewhere else.

If you get one, I'm pretty sure you'll have to locate the "brain" and authorize/program the new remote through some manipulation of the "brain".
  2. You could locate the "brain", find the hot wire that controls the scare lights, remove both ends from the "brain" and run them to a new switch that you install in your control panel.
Thank you so much for the info!