RV-Armor vs Flex-armor

avvidclif

Due to my roof having an argument with a tree limb (limb won) I am going to have to replace the factory roof. I am looking at RV-Armor and Flex-armor. Both have pluses and minuses. The warranty is the same for both, lifetime against leaks and transferable. One you go to the other comes to you. One is slightly cheaper. One is roll-on the other sprayed on.

Does anyone have experience with either or both and which would you recommend? Why?

Since both are backed up I have time to determine which to use.

wdk450

Clif:
As a side benefit of these coatings, I would ask the vendors which of these cools your roof more in the hot summer sun.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had our roof done by RV Flex Armor after our "run in with a tree"...LOL! We did lots or research before making the decision. I can tell you that after comparing, there really is NO comparison.

RV Flex Armor is done in a controlled environment. They remove everything from the roof, make any repairs needed, and when they spray the roof they spray down all the insides of openings. The also replace all seals, etc. I've seen where some installers with RV Armor don't even remove the AC units, etc....just rolling coating up to the edge as close as they can get.

Our insurance paid in full for the replacement roof...absolutely thrilled with the job they did. We took ours to Hwy 29 RV Rescue in Bertram, TX. You won't be disappointed.

BTW, I know of at least one person who had to go to RV Flex Armor after their RV Armor roof failed and they finally would not even take their calls after several attempts at repairs.

This is our Landmark after they completed it and put everything back on, including 8 solar panels...this coating is considerably thicker than what they roll on too.

Attachments

• 21686111_1681065131965120_5278090775043453759_n.jpg
    21686111_1681065131965120_5278090775043453759_n.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 166

Bones

What do they do if another tree limb wins or will it win? Are your chances greatly diminished with the new roof coating of getting roof damage?

NYSUPstater

A question I have and I'm sure the answer maybe the same for both companies, but how much weight is added w/ these coatings?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
In order to maintain the warranty, if you get damage again, which is highly unlikely with the thickness of this coating, you just have to take it to them so they can repair the damage. One of the great things about this roof is no matter what happens, you never need a full roof replacement...they can always repair just any damaged area, or any area where you add something to to your roof, ie., a sat. dish, etc.

I cannot remember exactly what the difference is in weight, but I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 lbs....well worth its for the benefits this roof provides. As for RV Armor, as their coating is considerably thinner I'd imagine the weight difference is less. This roof is completely maintenance free...never caulk again.

avvidclif

As a followup I went with DFW RVRoof (Flex-Armor). It was over $1k cheaper was one reason but there were others.

Results: For some reason the pictures are on their side. **** Apple IPhones

Attachments

• IMG_4041 (Medium).jpeg
    IMG_4041 (Medium).jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4042 (Medium).jpeg
    IMG_4042 (Medium).jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4044 (Medium).jpeg
    IMG_4044 (Medium).jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 94

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looks good, Cliff! Did they need to do any repairs before coating? I wonder about that more than anything... things we cannot see, costing more than the roof coating quote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

They removed the old roof on all edges and around any hole in the roof, IE vents, ac's, skylights etc. They removed strips where the branch drug. They checked the entire roof for soft/bad spots and it was all good. The roof material itself was good except for the tears. Remember if there is any leakage or damage to the roof caused by leaking they will repair it under the warranty.