Lug Bolt Size

RVFun4Us

Going to be getting disc brakes soon and one of the questions that Performance Trailer Braking asked was the stud size, 1/2" or 9/16". I have a 2016 3270RS Big Horn. Thought I would ask here first before contacting Heartland with this question. I measured the width of the lug nut opening and it was 1/2" or so I thought. But then started thinking about it and want to make sure PTB brings the right parts. So does anyone have knowledge of what these lug bolts measurements are? Or do I have to go to Heartland with my VIN to determine. Thought these would be pretty standard for all Big Horns at least. Appreciate your feedback.

sengli

My big horn with 6K axles was 9/16 studs. My landmark with 8K axles is also 9/16 studs. There will be a tag on the center of the axle tube with the specs of your axles.

Attachments

• axle.jpg
    axle.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 34

RVFun4Us

My big horn with 6K axles was 9/16 studs. My landmark with 8K axles is also 9/16 studs. There will be a tag on the center of the axle tube with the specs of your axles.

The label on my axle doesn't seem to indicate stud size, only 7K axles plus serial number and other data. Unless it has a code that you have to decypher. Attaching photo.

IMG_3276.JPG

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
My 3270’s 7K axles are, as everyone previous has said, 9/16”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lou_and_Bette

Take one lug nut to big box/hardware store and use their guide or a bolt from stock to be absolutely sure (bet it is 9/16)

RVFun4Us

Thanks everyone for your input. The size was indeed marked on the side of the lug nuts. 9/16" is the answer as everyone seemed to mention. I did contact Heartland via email with my VIN and they confirmed it was 9/16". So I will let my installer know. Again, thanks everyone for your input.

TXgearhead

If I were replacing the hub, I would put a lug nut on it, hammer it out, and go to the parts store and match it.

danemayer

I know this is an old post - but are there different length of these 9/16" studs? I need to replace one hub assembly.

Thanks,

Mark

You might have to call Dexter to get the part number of the stud. You'll need a picture of the label on the axle for them to look up the correct p/n. I think there are multiple types with attributes other than length, which is why you need the pn or complete description.

I had to replace a stud back in 2014 and couldn't find one anywhere except Dexter.

rhodies1

Contact Dexter,I’m not a fan of buying wheel studs or after market hubs from parts stores...most companies get their supplies overseas..enough said. You need to be sure you get good quality, you do not need to have a wheel come off for the sake of a couple of bucks..Also if you purchase a Dexter hub..they come with studs installed .
Let us know how much they quote./ cost

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at Dexter hubs in PA at Pine Hill Trailers which had 9/16 studs and they were under 150.00 ea. with the studs and they where Dexter.

- - - Updated - - -

mlpeloquin

Went to a trailer supply/custom shop and purchased them. I just pounded one out and brought it with me. They had them in stock. Found it easy to do.