Loss 12v power in slide out

bimbam

In april I purchased a new 262 RB. Wife and I love it. Before our 2000 mile summer vacation I insalled a Solera slide out
awning after reading all of the instructions and watching several utube vidios on the subject. All went well and it works
perfectly. While making prep for the trip I noted that a 12v fuse was blown and had no power for the slide out lights.
No problem with the 120 volt supply. I replaced the fuse and all was well again until I moved the slide in or out and the
fuse would blow. I checked all wiring from the forward bottom corner of the slide to the other side of the trailer by
removing a few screws out of the under penning and following the wires .NO BARE OR CRIMPED WIRES. Time ran out and
we had to leave on trip. we removed the fuse every time we moved the slide. Long story short, the screws provided for installing the awning mount in the upper left corner of the slide ,one of which penetrated the 12v wire in that area. Removed that screw and cut 1/4 inch off and replaced it. Problem solved. Apparently there was just enough torque during movement of the slide to cause the one screw to short out the wire on its self. Seems like the factory placed the wires a little to close to the corner. considering replacing the factory 15 amp fuse with a 10 amp just incase.