winter storage question

Dahillbilly

New owner here; wondering when storing the TH over winter should I leave a window and or a vent slightly open to prevent condensation inside the TH? No cover on the TH just sitting out in the yard & I know this time of year the inside warms up during the day & cools off at night; temperatures ranging from freezing at night to upper 50's on a sunny day. Don't want rain snow getting in either, none of the roof vents have the rain covers on them!!
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

sengli

I would not leave your windows open. As much we would like think these units are air tight, they arent. Plus all RV type windows have that weep drain hole in the bottom track anyway. They will breathe on their own. If you want to use damp rid product or something else to help with moisture go for it.

CoveredWagon

New owner here; wondering when storing the TH over winter should I leave a window and or a vent slightly open to prevent condensation inside the TH? No cover on the TH just sitting out in the yard & I know this time of year the inside warms up during the day & cools off at night; temperatures ranging from freezing at night to upper 50's on a sunny day. Don't want rain snow getting in either, none of the roof vents have the rain covers on them!!
Thanks
I would NOT leave the roof vents open unless you have both vent covers and a whole rv cover. I have both on mine which is stored in FL and it works out fine, but without the RV cover rain cold blow in under the vent cover, that's why some roof vents have rain sensors.

Oregon_Camper

We used these disposable devices every winter...works GREAT. I get 6....use 3 when we first put the RV into storage for the Winter. Then come back about 5-6 week later and replace with the other 3 for remainder of Winter.

https://amzn.to/2NeTjJb