Wiper Seals on Mallard

MallardHead

Has anyone replaced the wiper seals around the slides on a Mallard? Any videos on how to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldwinwb

I’m looking for the same info. Just went to check on my trailer in storage and found one of the interior wipers on the ground inside the rig. Open and closed the slide a couple times and the exterior wiper sheared off too. They don’t look like the wipers I have seen in other videos. I didn’t have much time to dig into it, but they seem to be held in place by some metal brackets. Not sure if they just slide in, get pressed in or if the brackets need to be removed.

baldwinwb

I will stop by my storage place and take a picture of where my wiper seals failed. We bought an extended warranty so I will try to have Camping World fix it along with a few other minor things.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I will stop by my storage place and take a picture of where my wiper seals failed. We bought an extended warranty so I will try to have Camping World fix it along with a few other minor things.

Why not order the parts yourself and fix it. You will wait weeks for Camping World to fix it.

baldwinwb

I just got mine back from Camping World and they forgot to install the inner slide seals. Like BigJim mentioned, it took about a month to get it back. I asked them just to order some more seal material and I would put them in. I have looked ever where and can’t findable video showing how to install this style, but after pulling my inner seals off today I think it will be straight forward. The seals just push into place, no adhesive and the shape of the portion that gets pressed in makes it difficult to back out. See pictures attached. To get the inner ones out you have to remove the bracket with 3-4 screws that holds the wiper to the bottom of the trailer accessible from the outside of the rig with the slide open (picture of the bracket after removal attached). I bent the bottom portion of the retainer slightly to begin pulling out the wiper. It may be easier to start from the top, but it worked from the bottom. The outer seal looks like it would be the same, but with out the brackets, just pry open the retainer slightly and start pulling the wiper out. It looks like you simply press the new wipers in place, squeeze down on the retainer and re attached the brackets. I’ll let you know how it goes when I get a hold of some wipers. I can’t find anyone online who sells this design wiper, the factory might be the only option. Let me know if you find them online some where.509BB4EA-D2CD-48B4-AD9C-FBE71FE49746.jpgA214B10D-1DAF-49C7-83C8-9E3B59531CC5.jpgA8C29B24-78B8-4C6D-AC7F-EDE26618E50D.jpg

baldwinwb

The slides reinstalled fairly easily, just pushed into place. It should be noted the wipers I replaced were the ones on the sides, the wipers on the top and bottom are a slightly different style.

RandJ73

I just got mine back from Camping World and they forgot to install the inner slide seals. Like BigJim mentioned, it took about a month to get it back. I asked them just to order some more seal material and I would put them in. I have looked ever where and can’t findable video showing how to install this style, but after pulling my inner seals off today I think it will be straight forward. The seals just push into place, no adhesive and the shape of the portion that gets pressed in makes it difficult to back out. See pictures attached. To get the inner ones out you have to remove the bracket with 3-4 screws that holds the wiper to the bottom of the trailer accessible from the outside of the rig with the slide open (picture of the bracket after removal attached). I bent the bottom portion of the retainer slightly to begin pulling out the wiper. It may be easier to start from the top, but it worked from the bottom. The outer seal looks like it would be the same, but with out the brackets, just pry open the retainer slightly and start pulling the wiper out. It looks like you simply press the new wipers in place, squeeze down on the retainer and re attached the brackets. I’ll let you know how it goes when I get a hold of some wipers. I can’t find anyone online who sells this design wiper, the factory might be the only option. Let me know if you find them online some where.View attachment 63526View attachment 63527View attachment 63528
Hello, BALDWINWB I was hoping you would have some info or part numbers on the slide wiper seals for the mallard that you took pictured of. My slide side wiper seals are bad in my mallard. If you have any information on removing the old and installing the new. I would really be greatful.