First Alert Safe

crmfghtr

Anyone know how to reset or first code number to open the First Alert safe that came with our Landmark Concord? Looked in the provided paperwork and nothing in there on the safe. I can open it with the key we got, but I think your supposed to use a code.

Thanks,

Fox

If your safe is anything like mine then it's not worth the effort. Mine, incidentally, is located under the "master" bedroom mattress.
Our most precious items are our selves (and yes, my fur-puppy), where time is of primary concern.

It took me over a year to initially get mine open (we couldn't find the key), only to eventually find it's too small to store my (full sized HK) carry handgun.
To date I haven't even tried to "code it" for other items; it was a waste of money.

crmfghtr

If your safe is anything like mine then it's not worth the effort. Mine, incidentally, is located under the "master" bedroom mattress.
Our most precious items are our selves (and yes, my fur-puppy), where time is of primary concern.

It took me over a year to initially get mine open (we couldn't find the key), only to eventually find it's too small to store my (full sized HK) carry handgun.
To date I haven't even tried to "code it" for other items; it was a waste of money.

Thanks to Dan, I was able to set or reset the code. I'm able to store a couple of handguns and other valuables in ours. Ours is not under the bed though. That would be hard to get to in a pickle. Although the bride has seen me in uniform, and never really had second thoughts about our 2nd amendment rights. We both feel safer, when the grandchildren visit with them put away. Kudos to heartland for a built in convenience.

Fox

I concur, when the grandkids are around I remove the magazine (and the chambered round); from there they go into the overhead bed cabinet.
Next year I'll continue with the youngest and take him shooting. Education/ familiarization will hopefully alleviate their natural inclination to play with a "found gun".

Although my bride also has a carry permit she almost never has one on/with her.

Ours is in the closet.
I added additional fasteners, not very well installed from the factory.
One would think that engineering would have come up with a rock solid fastening system for a safe.
Mine basically pulled away from the wall fasteners without much effort.
All that being said, we love the fact that there is a safe.
We ordered it as an option, but coach came through with it as standard equipment per our dealer.
Makes no difference, the price was reflected somewhere in the total price, option or standard, nothing’s free.

Hockster