F450 7way plug

Tree14

Hello all

Sorry for length of my post.

We're heading South and have been in rain since yesterday at 8:30 am. Almost to Nashville from North of St Louis (5hrs) and our truck says Check Braking system, traction control light and ABS lights all light up.

Took to a Ford dealer in Franklin TN, no help. Unplugged from our 4200 Cyclone and code clears but we notice water in plug. Used contact cleaner etc to dry, all good for a while. Back on again..pouring rain , water in plug etc. We've been dry for a while 3 hrs and Check Brake System, ABS and traction control still on.

We're thinking water is running off our trailer...

Any help, suggestions appreciated!
1b164bf7801f83a16487e5c065239791.jpg
f251fa7e73a7407155cbc7f2f43d1ef9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

We have a 2017 RAM 3500 and we had the same issue come up on our truck. But it was when the Road Warrior was unhooked. Took the Ram to the dealer and it was thought at first could had been a bad ground. Dealer checked it out and determined it needed the ECM, and motor for power assisted brakes to be replaced. For the Ram the parts were on a national back order and took about 10 days to come in.

Luckily extended warranty covered the cost except $100 co payment.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Have you tried applying dielectric grease to the plug and cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tree14

Have you tried applying dielectric grease to the plug and cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No but we are planning on doing that and a few other things. Thanks for reply

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Tree14.
Most likely your issue is with the bumper OEM plug. This is a known issue,,,it fills with water and corrosion...pop the wiring harness off and check...this problem is with the big 3 because they all use the same plug and harness.
I just had this issue with my Ford F 350.