New RG28 owner wanting blueprints

Hello to the HOF, happy to be a member. My wife (VandalMom) and I just purchased a 2020 RG28 and would like to hang things. I have sent an email to Heartland support but was wondering if anyone here has insight on if and how you could get them? Thanks ahead of time.

danemayer

Hi PioneerDrone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and congratulations on the new Pioneer.

Sometimes a phone call works better than email. If you don't hear back, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

sengli

Are you looking to find the small aluminum tubes in the wall, to try and hang something on? Remember these walls are only laminated luan, and foam with some light aluminum tubes, not a lot of "meat" to drill into.

That is a major concern, the lack of structural integrity. I plan on contacting Heartland CS to get blue print and also to use a stud finder. I plan on taking my time to make sure I do it properly, I definitely do not want to puncture through the walls or rip them out. Being a farm boy I try to make things better for the long run. Love the floor plan, but some thought from the factory about in-field functionality would have been good. Almost reminds me of oil filters on cars, tractors or combines...the engineers first placed the filter and then built the rest around it.;)

danemayer

Not sure what you want to mount on the walls, but I hope it doesn't weigh more than 1 or 2 pounds. I think most RV manufacturers add backing boards or other mechanisms to provide support when something heavier like a TV goes on the wall. Keep in mind that when you're going down the road at 65 mph and hit a bad bridge joint or a pothole, even lightweight items will put a lot of stress on the mounting device.

sengli

I know on cold mornings, the dew will plainly show the aluminum structure within the walls, especially on the outside. To keep the weight light, there isnt really a lot to use for heavy duty structure to any of these rigs. Be careful.

As a rule we dont hang anything on the outside walls. Except with those sticky hanging things. I do attach things to the inner walls as they are built up with 2x2's...again though think light weight!

Just an update, I did receive blueprints from Heartland. It will be a tremendous help in understanding my new “toy”. Thanks to everyone for their comments!

Ziggy49

Just an update, I did receive blueprints from Heartland. It will be a tremendous help in understanding my new “toy”. Thanks to everyone for their comments!

How did you get them, I chatted with a rep today on this forum and he told me the do NOT give out blueprints. Must have been the wrong guy!!! :)>