RG28 Garage table and cushion storage

Has anyone figured out a better way to store the cushions for the RG28 other than leaving them folded up on the bench? How about the table and four legs? I’m thinking of making brackets (angle iron/aluminum) to put on the net storage compartments and placing the table and cushions on top. Any thoughts?

david-steph2018

In the garage we put in E-Track system and with it we can secure items to the wall while in transit. I also installed E-Track in the storage compartment in the belly. There I keep extension cords, water hose nozzle, surge protector and such.

I bought mine from Lodi Metals Inc. Here is their information:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.lodimetals.com/

[/FONT]

Thanks for that idea...completely skipped my mind. Do you happen to have a picture of what you did?

I think what I’m going to do is build a skeleton “skeleton” frame of small square tubing or angle iron, attach to walls and cargo net storage frame and slide table and cushions between frame and ceiling. I’m 6’4” and have about 4” of clearance so I believe a side by side will go under. I will have to check clearance at the pivot point when the utv enters. Thanks again.

RB

david-steph2018

Go to the top of the page and in the search area put in e-track. There are several pics from what others have done. I followed their pics somewhat but I could not place bolts in the Happi-Jack bed rails because the bed did hit the bolt heads when it was coming down. So I mounted mine on the wall.
Well actually I had my 9 year old grandson mount the e-track, of course I was watching him.

He actually was under the kitchen sink and replaced the faucet for his grandmother. He has put the e-track in the storage bay for me. In our storage trailer he installed the e-track on the walls, after he cut it to length using a Sawzall.

UPDATE: 11-5-19
First, I would like to thank everyone for their help and comments...greatly appreciated!

1) I was able to use my stud finder and successfully mounted the TV mounts in the living area and garage.
2) Called Heartland and Alan was a Rock Star! He was great to work with and emailed me the blueprints.
3) Spent time in the RG28 garage and figured out the table top and cushions storage. I can put the table on the passenger side bench and fold it up nice and tight (once I make adjustable straps). The back cushions can stuff nicely under each folding bench with 72” side to side clearance. Regarding the seat cushions, I will put eye bolts into the cargo net storage sides and use a tension strap to hold them to the ceiling. No drilling into the roof, sides, or floor.

Once I get clearance from the HOF moderator to post pictures I will. Thanks again for the advice!

Well, I finished getting the cushions mounted to the ceiling. I used four 1/4” x 2” eye bolts with flat washers. I drilled through the cargo net storage holder sides close to the wall and used three ratchet straps to hold the seat cushions up. I’m 6’4” and can walk under them without touching...should be enough room for a side by side. Also, there is a gap between the cushions so the lights work well.

The back cushions fit under the folded benches and the table fits nicely behind passenger bench.

I just wish that Heartland would have put adjustable straps to hold the benches up. That will be my next task so I can complete the project.

ae7f84270a5d4b0961c8b4a26d1e2b58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I finished getting the cushions mounted to the ceiling. I used four 1/4” x 2” eye bolts with flat washers. I drilled through the cargo net storage holder sides close to the wall and used three ratchet straps to hold the seat cushions up. I’m 6’4” and can walk under them without touching...should be enough room for a side by side. Also, there is a gap between the cushions so the lights work well.

The back cushions fit under the folded benches and the table fits nicely behind passenger bench.

I just wish that Heartland would have put adjustable straps to hold the benches up. That will be my next task so I can complete the project.

i tied a knot in the straps that made them tighter to the wall... left the cushions in place, the back rest cushions fit above the folded ones over the window just under the shelfs..
What did you do with the four table legs to keep them from rolling around?? is that the table on the left up against the wall?