Leak under refrigerator and air intake

jminatta

Hey all, I have a question on a leak situation. every day or two we will find a puddle of water just under the fridge and air intake. I cant tell if its coming from just beneath them or under the oven corner. They are side by side but from the corner where they meet there will be a puddle big enough you need a small towel. I dont know if its possibly coming from the fridge, something by the hot ait intake(maybe water heater), or maybe a water line leading up to the faucet. Its a 2019 Pioneer28bh? Thanks guys.

danemayer

Hi jminatta,

2 thoughts:

1. If your fridge has an ice maker or water dispenser, the water feed line might be leaking. On rigs where the fridge is in a slide, the water feed line is routed under the slide and is exposed to outside air. If temps ever go below freezing, the line will freeze and be damaged.

2. RV gas absorption refrigerators drain interior condensation out by way of a hose that should be routed through the outside refrigerator vents. If the hose is improperly routed, or is damaged, it could be draining inside.

jminatta

Hi jminatta,

2 thoughts:

1. If your fridge has an ice maker or water dispenser, the water feed line might be leaking. On rigs where the fridge is in a slide, the water feed line is routed under the slide and is exposed to outside air. If temps ever go below freezing, the line will freeze and be damaged.

2. RV gas absorption refrigerators drain interior condensation out by way of a hose that should be routed through the outside refrigerator vents. If the hose is improperly routed, or is damaged, it could be draining inside.

Hi and thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there is no ice maker or water dsipenser. And the hose is pointed out of the vents, but cannot tell if its damaged or leaking. What do I need to take apart or pull out to check on this?

WillyBill

Hi and thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there is no ice maker or water dsipenser. And the hose is pointed out of the vents, but cannot tell if its damaged or leaking. What do I need to take apart or pull out to check on this?

Disconnect the host from the drain tray and blow through it with your mouth. You can feel if any restriction or hear if there is a leak or if in doubt dump water through it with a tiny funnel.

WB