Manual Slide Operation

kaneferris

Are there any North Trail owners out there that have had experience with manually retracting the slide room? I can see what I believe to be the motor one the inside top section right in the middle of the room. Was also given a flexible rod to use with a drill in case of Manual retraction but it doesn't seem as though it will reach. Perhaps I'm missing something that the very vague owners manual isn't explaining. This is for a 2020 North Trail 31BHDD.

danemayer

Hi kaneferris,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully another North Trail owner will chime in soon with answers.

Partsbob

My 2019 NT 27RBDS has the BAL Accuslide that has the cables & motor on the wall above the slide room itself. If that’s like yours, I was given one of those flex-rods as well, but not shown how to use it. However, I’ve just watched a YOU TUBE on how to replace a cable on one like it and believe there must be a way to connect that rod to the end of the “gearbox” using a drill, in case the motor fails. Of course, if the gearbox fails because the switch was held too long, the flex-rod won’t do much good.

As pointed out in that You Tube video, there’s very little room above the slide without removing the facia that’s stapled in place. I hope this helps and is related to your need.

hannahkcw

Are there any North Trail owners out there that have had experience with manually retracting the slide room? I can see what I believe to be the motor one the inside top section right in the middle of the room. Was also given a flexible rod to use with a drill in case of Manual retraction but it doesn't seem as though it will reach. Perhaps I'm missing something that the very vague owners manual isn't explaining. This is for a 2020 North Trail 31BHDD.

My motor broke away from the wall today, twisting up the chains and cables. I'm trying to figure out how to get the fascia off and how to fix this, but I can't find anything on any forum. Did you figure your fix out?

sengli

The thing to keep in mind is there isnt a lot of "meat" in the walls in these rigs, to screw into. Most likely why the motor ripped itself off the wall. Most likely going to need to re-enforce the mounting point with a ply plate of some nature, to spread out the load.

Partsbob

Hopefully by now you’ve had this repaired or at least know what you’re up against, but YOUTUBE is very helpful to know how to adjust that slide, as I’ve done just last week after pulling the facia off that slide to get to the cables. However, with the motor ripped off the wall, getting that slide in would be a major task with brute force outside and someone working the cables inside while laying on top of the slide!