2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

danemayer

I believe the design specifies a manual reset breaker between batteries and power converter. But it's always possible that someone in manufacturing grabs an auto reset by mistake. Or if the dealer sees a problem, the easiest fix is an auto reset breaker.

All of the other breakers carry power when you press a button to do something. If something goes wrong, you'll let go of the button. This breaker carries power while unattended. If something goes wrong, an auto reset breaker will trip and reset repeatedly until it fails completely. Hopefully the failure leaves it in an open state.

Amazon has manual reset breakers here. As you scroll down the page, they also show square breakers that cost a bit more, and may be better, that could be used on your setup.

It's likely you could also find an appropriate breaker at an RV dealership parts dep't, or at a marine dealer.

cooperm

I believe the design specifies a manual reset breaker between batteries and power converter. But it's always possible that someone in manufacturing grabs an auto reset by mistake. Or if the dealer sees a problem, the easiest fix is an auto reset breaker.

All of the other breakers carry power when you press a button to do something. If something goes wrong, you'll let go of the button. This breaker carries power while unattended. If something goes wrong, an auto reset breaker will trip and reset repeatedly until it fails completely. Hopefully the failure leaves it in an open state.

Amazon has manual reset breakers here. As you scroll down the page, they also show square breakers that cost a bit more, and may be better, that could be used on your setup.

It's likely you could also find an appropriate breaker at an RV dealership parts dep't, or at a marine dealer.

Thank you so much. I am going by Camping World tomorrow to see if they have any. If they don't I will order one from the link you supplied.

Mark

8404fmfvet

This might be a dump question but did you check the fuses in your converter? I had the same problem it sounds like and my issue was a blown fuse.

cooperm

Thank you so much. I am going by Camping World tomorrow to see if they have any. If they don't I will order one from the link you supplied.

Mark

Thank you everyone after doing a volt meter test on all of the breakers with the battery in the disconnected state I was able to track down the 50 amp breaker that wasn't working. I ordered one off of amazon because no one had a manual reset in stock in town. Of course it then dropped down to 0 degrees.

It warmed up to 30 so new breaker is in and all is good getting 12v on both sides of the breaker now so battery is charging again!

Many thanks and probably saved me a lot of money! Also thank you Dave for the detailed and thorough instructions! Very helpful.

Sincerely,
Mark

- - - Updated - - -

This might be a dump question but did you check the fuses in your converter? I had the same problem it sounds like and my issue was a blown fuse.

Yes after testing all of the breakers they were all getting 12 volts from the converter. It was just one breaker that was blown. All good now.

Thank you,
Mark