Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

  1. Print this Post   #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    USA - OH
    Posts
    10

    2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    New here.

    I have a 2019 Torque 371. I am trying to actually find the Converter and the Manual Reset Circuit Breaker. I believe one of them is bad. I think I know roughly where the circuit breaker is because I can see the other Auto Reset Breakers. So it should be in that area. Just want to be sure.

    Scenario
    My Battery doesn't charge while it is plugged in to my 50 amp service. I can check the inside outlets and getting the 120v. I just installed a battery disconnect switch to eliminate any vampire drains on the battery. When I use the slides or the leveling jacks they move extremely slow. the generator even fails to start because the battery is low.

    I have read over so many of the documents for the electrical system. Everything tells me it is one of these two items. Of course the warranty ran out in June so its on me to repair or pay Service department.

    Thanks in advance.

    Mark Cooper
    Last edited by cooperm; 1 Week Ago at 05:16 PM.

  2. Print this Post   #2
    Moderator cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA - WI
    Posts
    9,184

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    It sounds like you are on the right track. The manual reset breaker should be on the row with the rest of the auto reset breakers.
    You just need to feel the edges of the breakers to find the tiny reset button.

    Peace
    Dave
    Dave and Mary
    and C. J.
    2011 Bighorn 3585RL

    2013 RAM 3500, CC, DRW, Aisin
    Heartland Owners Club
    Member #1026

    Owners Club Membership is now free! Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  3. Print this Post   #3
    Senior Member jnbhobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    USA - PA
    Posts
    5,672

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Go to the tools section of the forum and look at the 12V section ,there should be a picture of the manual reset 50 amp breaker. thats more than likely your problem
    Patti & Jon Holbert
    PJ (Welsh Springer Spaniel rescue)
    Freckles (Welsh Springer Spaniel)RIP
    Erie,Pa.
    Heartland Owners Club #1025
    2009 BH 3370 #9E012371 Sailun S637's on 17.5 in Mod Wheels,8K Hubs, Mor-Ryde Independent Suspension, Disc Brakes, Reese Fifth Airborne, Level-up,LED Lights,awning on slideout and BU lights
    2019 F-350 Lariat Ultimate Limited, DRW, 4X4,4.10 LS Gears,40K GCWR, CC, LB,Dual Moon Roofs, Cameras, Adaptive Cruise
    2015 Explorer XLT Sport, 4X4, Dual Moon Roofs, 20" Wheels.
    08 Branson,MI,Rallys
    09 Goshen,PA,MO Rallys
    10 East Coast,PA,OH,Nashville,NY,ON,Illinois Rallys
    11 Cherokee,NJ,PA,Goshen,Delaware,Illinois,NY, Rallys
    12 Virginia Beach,PA,NY,WI,MI, Illinois,Minnesota Rallys
    13 Gettysburg, Goshen, NY, Illinois, Missouri, Iowa Rallys
    14 Urbanna, Va.,ON,PA.,Illinois, NY. Rallys
    15 Goshen,NE Regional,NY, PA, Illinois, Rallys
    16 Lancaster, SE, SC,NC,NE Regionals, ON, VA, PA, NY Rallys
    17 VA,Goshen,IL,WI,OH,MD,NJ,NY Rallys
    18 NE Regional, NY Rally

  4. Print this Post   #4
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    18,948

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    You can check whether the converter is working. In your control panel, the monitor that displays holding tank levels also shows the 12V DC level. When the converter is running, it shows 4 lights. With the converter circuit breaker (or all shore power) turned off, it'll display the battery reading. If it drops from 4 lights with shore power, to no lights without shore power, then the power converter is working, but you're not getting any power from the batteries. If that's the case, it's either a tripped mini-circuit breaker, or the battery cutoff switch is OFF, or your batteries are dead, or the negative battery terminal is not grounded.

    Did these problems all start with installation of the battery cutoff switch?


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  5. Print this Post   #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    USA - OH
    Posts
    10

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Thanks guys. I will give it a shot. I have read through several of the user guides for the 12v stuff already.

    I looked at everyone of the breakers in the group. I couldn't find any with a reset button. I do have a 80amp in the mix as well, just off to the side of the row. It started about 3 weeks ago when which is why I took it in to service. They said they checked all of the charging system, because I told them it was having an issue. They put the battery on the charger because they said it was dead. After they charged it they put a load on it and they said it was okay. I just installed the cutoff yesterday. So I am not so sure they tested everything very well. I called them back and they said it may be the converter but would have to have it back. If I can find it I will test it and change it myself if I can get to it.

    Thank you for all the advice.
    Mark

  6. Print this Post   #6
    Prolifically Gabby Member JohnDar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA - MI
    Posts
    10,357

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    That reset button is very tiny and on the short end of a mini-breaker. Almost impossible to see, you have to feel for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Camp Gotchurwallett
    John & Darlene (with feline fuzzbutts Ally, Merlin & Mickey)
    Max the Cat - RIP
    2009 GMC 3500HD SLT CC D/A DRW
    2009 Bighorn 3670RL

    H.O.C. #1225

  7. Print this Post   #7
    Senior Member 'Lil Guy''s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    USA - TX
    Posts
    1,975

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDar View Post
    That reset button is very tiny and on the short end of a mini-breaker. Almost impossible to see, you have to feel for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IO've seen the pics before. If someone remembers where it is, they could repost it to show the breaker and reset button so they know what they're looking for. I remember the 1st time I tried to find it.
    'Lil Guy'
    Debbie and Frank
    2018 Ram DRW 3500
    HOC # 1328



  8. Print this Post   #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    USA - OH
    Posts
    10

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    You can check whether the converter is working. In your control panel, the monitor that displays holding tank levels also shows the 12V DC level. When the converter is running, it shows 4 lights. With the converter circuit breaker (or all shore power) turned off, it'll display the battery reading. If it drops from 4 lights with shore power, to no lights without shore power, then the power converter is working, but you're not getting any power from the batteries. If that's the case, it's either a tripped mini-circuit breaker, or the battery cutoff switch is OFF, or your batteries are dead, or the negative battery terminal is not grounded.

    Did these problems all start with installation of the battery cutoff switch?
    Thank you I did this test today. tomorrow I will be taking the Fuse Panel out to get to the Converter. I checked the battery from the monitor inside. All the lights were lit up. I unplugged my 50 amp plug, and turned the disconnect on and all the lights were off on this test.

    I checked the breaker that goes to the converter on the fuse panel and it was okay. Flipped it off and on just to make sure. No change.

    So it sounds like the Converter.

    Thank you for all your help!
    Mark

  9. Print this Post   #9
    Moderator danemayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA - CO
    Posts
    18,948

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Quote Originally Posted by cooperm View Post
    Thank you I did this test today. tomorrow I will be taking the Fuse Panel out to get to the Converter. I checked the battery from the monitor inside. All the lights were lit up. I unplugged my 50 amp plug, and turned the disconnect on and all the lights were off on this test.

    I checked the breaker that goes to the converter on the fuse panel and it was okay. Flipped it off and on just to make sure. No change.

    So it sounds like the Converter.

    Thank you for all your help!
    Mark
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think you have it backwards. If the battery disconnect is OFF, any power for 12V is coming from the converter. So if the battery disconnect is OFF and you have lights on the panel, the power is coming from the converter.

    By unplugging shore power and turning the disconnect ON, any 12V power is coming from the battery. So in that condition, with no lights, there's no power coming from the battery.

    If you have a voltmeter, set it for DC voltage and read the voltage at the mini-circuit breaker. Look for the breaker that has thick wires on both sides. The side of the breaker that has a copper buss bar is the battery side. The other side is the converter side. With everything plugged in and turned on as you'd have it for normal operation, put your red meter lead on the battery side of the breaker, and the black lead on the negative terminal of the battery. You should read at least 13.2V DC. If not, move the red lead to the converter side of the breaker to see if you have at least 13.2V DC there.

    If you have 13.2V or higher on the converter side, and less than 12.8V on the battery side, the breaker is tripped or broken.

    If you're not sure about what's what on the mini-circuit breakers, remove the red rubber boots and take 2 clear pictures to post; one close, and another further away so it also shows the surrounding wires.


    Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

    2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS


    Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

    Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

  10. Print this Post   #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    USA - OH
    Posts
    10

    Re: 2019 Torque 371 - Converter / Manual Reset Circuit Breaker location

    Quote Originally Posted by danemayer View Post
    Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I think you have it backwards. If the battery disconnect is OFF, any power for 12V is coming from the converter. So if the battery disconnect is OFF and you have lights on the panel, the power is coming from the converter.

    By unplugging shore power and turning the disconnect ON, any 12V power is coming from the battery. So in that condition, with no lights, there's no power coming from the battery.

    If you have a voltmeter, set it for DC voltage and read the voltage at the mini-circuit breaker. Look for the breaker that has thick wires on both sides. The side of the breaker that has a copper buss bar is the battery side. The other side is the converter side. With everything plugged in and turned on as you'd have it for normal operation, put your red meter lead on the battery side of the breaker, and the black lead on the negative terminal of the battery. You should read at least 13.2V DC. If not, move the red lead to the converter side of the breaker to see if you have at least 13.2V DC there.

    If you have 13.2V or higher on the converter side, and less than 12.8V on the battery side, the breaker is tripped or broken.

    If you're not sure about what's what on the mini-circuit breakers, remove the red rubber boots and take 2 clear pictures to post; one close, and another further away so it also shows the surrounding wires.
    I will use the volt meter on it tomorrow.

    However to be clear. With no shore power I didnít have any lights with the disconnect on or off. The only time they were lit up is when the shore power was plugged in. Is that what you meant?

    Thanks
    Mark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Auto Reset Circuit Breakers vs Fuses
    By rvan2000 in forum 12 volt DC
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2016, 05:18 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
  3. Tripping 12v 50amp auto reset circuit breaker
    By goldenbear in forum 12 volt DC
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-26-2015, 01:01 AM
  4. Missing reset button on 12 volt circuit breaker
    By barnewtone in forum 12 volt DC
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2015, 07:19 PM
  5. Auto Reset Circuit Breaker for Slide..
    By TXBobcat in forum Hydraulic Systems and Related Issues
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 04:39 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •