Winter Storm

In the last 24 hrs, we have around 16” of Snow on the ground.
Wind was out of the Northeast, off Lake Huron and dumped all this White stuff on us.
Now the Cold starts, talking around 15 degrees tonight with wind chills around 5 degrees.
This Snow & Cold are setting records for the earliest major Snow storm and Temp drop in our history.
We can’t wait to head South for the Winter.
Thinking next year of leaving the middle of November.
Friends of ours left Sunday, just made it out.
Talked to them last night, 70 degrees in Foley, Alabama.

Hockster

CDN

B and B
In the last 24 hrs, we have around 16” of Snow on the ground.
Wind was out of the Northeast, off Lake Huron and dumped all this White stuff on us.
Now the Cold starts, talking around 15 degrees tonight with wind chills around 5 degrees.
This Snow & Cold are setting records for the earliest major Snow storm and Temp drop in our history.
We can’t wait to head South for the Winter.
Thinking next year of leaving the middle of November.
Friends of ours left Sunday, just made it out.
Talked to them last night, 70 degrees in Foley, Alabama.

Hockster

Best of luck getting out.

We are on the other side of Lake Huron and get lake effect too. Yesterday was. a lot less at 6 inches but when the wind comes of the east Lake Ontario dumps snow on us. We have broken temp records here at -12 with windchill at -18 at home (Degree's C).

Brian

Fox

Well that was three hours ago, its now 56* and dropping (100 miles east of Foley).

"Hi-Viz" Bill

We feel your pain Gary !! We got 10" off Lake Michigan, here in Niles, last night !! Down to 8° tonight !!

We leave for Mesa, AZ, day after Thanksgiving, it can't get here too soon !!

Safe Travels !!!

david-steph2018

We are in Chattanooga, yesterday it was around 68 here. Today the temps have dropped to 31 and spitting snow. Now they are predicting tomorrow it may be around 48 here. But at night time the temps may be around 21-22 degrees.
Yesterday we went on the incline railroad and walked around the top of Lookout Mountain, without any jackets. Today we went to Bass Pro Shops and bought some heavier coats, then to camping world and purchased a heated hose.

sengli

Looks like next week its supposed to be back in the mid 50's. This is a fluke, but wait a day and you never know what your going to get. I saw several fivers heading south on I69 on sunday, they may have gotten far enough south to skirt the ick, but maybe not. Saw this in front of me last night on the way home. It was a transporter, that didnt make it across an icy bridge. Looked like a newer truck, and definitely a new TT, or at least it was.

Attachments

• wreck.jpg
    wreck.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 58

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We usually leave on the 27th of Dec, & get into Foley, Alabama on the 29th.

Hockster

We live about 90 minutes west of you (down I-69). Got about 7" of snow and cold, but it warmed up a little during the day. After clearing the driveway this afternoon, the sun melted the compressed stuff from driving on it and the driveway was clear and dry by dinner time.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another day of installing free smoke detectors for senior residents. A bit more snow overnight and temps in the 20’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 degrees this morning.
Out with my Yellow Lab Molly this morning, feels like a heat wave, compared to what we’ve had, 20 temperature rise.

Hockster