Bedroom Slide Cable Problem

BarbandFrank

Our Landmark has a frayed cable on the bedroom slide. We are on the road heading for Tucson and would like to get it repaired there. Has anyone run into this problem, and if so, do you know if the entire slide needs to be removed in order to fix/replace the cable. In the meantime, we are not pulling the slide out until we get it fixed. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Frank

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I had two cables that snapped replaced recently. They do NOT have to take the slide out of the RV. They will need to take off all the trim around the slide and may have to disassemble the bed (my motor was behind the bed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The bigger issue may be “what is causing the cable to fray?” On mine it was a water damaged section of slide floor that was allowing the slide to drop down slightly when it was brought in, causing the cables to run on the metal framing they pass through.

BarbandFrank

I had two cables that snapped replaced recently. They do NOT have to take the slide out of the RV. They will need to take off all the trim around the slide and may have to disassemble the bed (my motor was behind the bed).

The frayed cable is not on the bed slide - it’s on the opposite wall which has cabinets, drawers and the TV.

Thanks for the info.

Frank

sengli

I had questions on this recently , as one of the cables on my bedroom slide slackened suddenly. Google "norco slide adjustments" and there are a bunch of u tube videos on this slide system explaining how it works and why cables fray. Even how to replace cables if needed.

Turns out of of the steel brackets on my slide for the out, function was bending under the strain...causing one of the cables to be looser than it should.

BarbandFrank

I had questions on this recently , as one of the cables on my bedroom slide slackened suddenly. Google "norco slide adjustments" and there are a bunch of u tube videos on this slide system explaining how it works and why cables fray. Even how to replace cables if needed.

Turns out of of the steel brackets on my slide for the out, function was bending under the strain...causing one of the cables to be looser than it should.

Thanks - will look at the videos.

Oldelevatorman

On mine the two cable assemblies as they pass each in the center got stuck together and it pulled the left side pulley off the wall. When Ric’s RV in Tucson repaired it he put coroplast in the Center area to keep that from reoccurring. So far so good!

BarbandFrank

On mine the two cable assemblies as they pass each in the center got stuck together and it pulled the left side pulley off the wall. When Ric’s RV in Tucson repaired it he put coroplast in the Center area to keep that from reoccurring. So far so good!

We have a call in to Rick here in Tucson. Thanks for the info.

Frank