Dumped the 3611, bought a 4007.....

Lndeatr

Hi All! Been a little while since I posted here but I thought I would update for anyone who remembers all my complaining about the 3611 the insurance company bought to replace our 300C (Loved that rig) that burned. Short recap, we really had no choice on the model except to be cashed out (I think they would have paid us around $1000) or get the 2017 3611 as it was, per Heartland, the closest model to the 300C.

Anyway I love some of the options it came with like auto level, rear bathroom, and extra lighting to name a few but the layout, a leaky slide in a slide creating a smaller couch area, the horribly misrepresented ability to carry toys or a motorcycle (sends the weight way over the legal limit if you plan to bring bedding, food, clothes, toilet paper, etc and especially if you have water, propane and fuel on board), the brakes were inadequate and the king bed crammed into the smaller bedroom were negatives we have tried to live with for 2 years. On top of that it had warranty problem after warranty problem and two and a half years later they still haven’t fixed all of them.

It has come to the point that my wife only goes out in it with the annual spring break coast trip with our daughter. This pretty much meant I used it for our annual trip to Phoenix for the fall NASCAR week (She stopped going) and the coast trip. In our 300C we went out at least once every other month. As you know, when the queen is happy the kingdom is happy. The reverse is true too. When the queen is unhappy….. We have talked about trading it in even if we took a bath and Saturday she surprised me and said she wants to go look at the floor plans again. We looked last year and didn’t like what we saw.

To make a long story still long, the dealer did us a solid and is buying back the 3611 for what we owe on it (more than I can sell it for) and made us a good deal on a 2020 4007. With the east/west bed, the master is huge. We also love the kitchen and living area. I love the outside kitchen area and the 3 axles. I will be able to legally haul my Harley and my clothes at the same time. The extra axle brakes will surely help too. It is 3 feet longer, but the dry weight is only 1300 lbs more than my 3611 and the tongue weight is comparable. I’m trying to work out a date and time this week to drag the old one in and drive out with the new. I want to give myself at least 3 hours for the PDI. I will post pictures when I get them. Her are a couple pictures of my Phoenix NASCAR trip this month.

20191102_101713.jpg20191103_184111.jpg20191105_124427.jpg20191105_172520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NYSUPstater

Congrats on the new upcoming coach. Just my opinion, but are you also considering upgrading to a dually truck? Think your going to be way over the '03's limits.

Dmetcalf

Your going to love the 4007 ..! We purchased ours back in January and have really enjoyed it this year..! I also agree with the need for a dually to pull it .!
Have fun ..!!

Last edited:

Fox

As I was 'dumb' on what a 4007 was I googled it; WOW!
Dry weight of 16,600, loaded weight at 20K. That load will crush your pictured tow vehicle.

Personally I'd be hesitate to put that load on my F350 dually; I'd strongly suggest not just a dually but an F450 (or bigger - Peterbuilt?).

drittal

Wait, you didn’t get a 3611 as a mobile office or to haul a couple kayaks or bicycles?

Congrats on the new rig and a dealer who worked with you! At least you got rid of it before your wheels started to break or springs sagged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lndeatr

Thanks everybody. I think we will enjoy it. I am looking for a single axle class 7 or 8 currently. Drive as my retirement job so I can write it off. I am also considering converting my F350 to a dually. Not gonna spend the money for a new truck. Currently I run the 3611 with the water, both fuel tanks and my Harley. It weighs in about 18k. My truck handles it well but it's not stock. Last year of the 7.3 and I can't get rid of it. Plan on the 4007 for now is to run a few gallons of water so the wife can flush on the road and a few gallons of fuel for the generator. Should be about the same weight since the dry weight difference wasn't considerably different.

Dmetcalf

Thanks everybody. I think we will enjoy it. I am looking for a single axle class 7 or 8 currently. Drive as my retirement job so I can write it off. I am also considering converting my F350 to a dually. Not gonna spend the money for a new truck. Currently I run the 3611 with the water, both fuel tanks and my Harley. It weighs in about 18k. My truck handles it well but it's not stock. Last year of the 7.3 and I can't get rid of it. Plan on the 4007 for now is to run a few gallons of water so the wife can flush on the road and a few gallons of fuel for the generator. Should be about the same weight since the dry weight difference wasn't considerably different.

Yeah, I do understand your need to keep that truck because that 7.3 is a great motor for sure ..! Many years ago I went thru the assembly plant in Indianapolis and went on a tour while they were building those motors. There was a lot of R & D that went into it and a lot of testing as well. After reading everything you have done to that truck with the modifications to the motor it certainly should have the needed torque and HP for the job ..!