Tire Inflator

hut

Hey, all! I got some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.... I've been wanting a tire inflator so I can check and fill tires before taking off. Does anybody have any info or insight? I've searched around on the Internet, but still don't have a good grip on what I need. Brands? Models?

hut

I’ve seen that one advertised. I guess I just wanted to hear from someone that has one instead of someone trying to sell one. 🤪 Good luck with it?

danemayer

Viair 450P works great for lots of us. One note: when shopping, you may see a number of different Viair models that all look like they have similar specs, but different prices. The 450P has a 100% duty cycle. Others may have a 30% or 50% duty cycle. With 100%, it'll run as long as needed. With a 30% or 50% duty cycle, you may have to let it stop and cool down for a while in the middle of the job.

hut

Thanks, all! I’ve been trying to find one, but it looks like it’s been clearanced. I think I’ve found one still on a Walmart site. Appreciate the responses!

carl.swoyer

Ah! I thought I might could get the older model cheaper since it’s on clearance, but the newer one is the same price. No brainer! Thanks so much!
The viair 300 is what I use.
Unless you need in excess of 110 psi this is a good deal. It will go higher .
I've used it several times and no problems getting up to pressure quickly.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Aandaar

Viair 450P works great for lots of us. One note: when shopping, you may see a number of different Viair models that all look like they have similar specs, but different prices. The 450P has a 100% duty cycle. Others may have a 30% or 50% duty cycle. With 100%, it'll run as long as needed. With a 30% or 50% duty cycle, you may have to let it stop and cool down for a while in the middle of the job.

I have the 30% duty one and use it to top off all my tires in the mornings. I have never had an issue with the thermal cycle. Been using it for a couple of years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

Why fool around with a tire inflator when a Larger air compressor would be more useful in the long run?

danemayer

Why fool around with a tire inflator when a Larger air compressor would be more useful in the long run?
I used to have a conventional 120V AC compressor in a bin, chained up in the bed of the truck. Took up a fair amount of space and was a pain to get in and out of the bed. The Viair sits in the middle of the back seat floor and is easy to get when needed.

driver311

I have the 30% duty one and use it to top off all my tires in the mornings. I have never had an issue with the thermal cycle. Been using it for a couple of years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is wrong with your tires that u have to put air in them every day??????

Gary521

I used to have a conventional 120V AC compressor in a bin, chained up in the bed of the truck. Took up a fair amount of space and was a pain to get in and out of the bed. The Viair sits in the middle of the back seat floor and is easy to get when needed.

My compressor does not take up a large amount of space and its fairly light.

- - - Updated - - -

Why pack around overkill? The Viair works great.

He initially said that he wanted to check his tires "BEFORE" he traveled.