overall height

Hello all! I am new here and found this site while doing a Google for answers I need about a 2001 Heartland County Ridge Destination Series M-405 FK DS that I recently purchased and is still sitting on the dealers lot 225 miles from my home.
I want to build a carport to park this rv under on property I own in north central Pa. but do not know the height to make the side wall...the distance from the ground to the eave, i.e. 12' 14' or ?. I plan a gabled roof with one end open to back under. The carport's dimensions will be 16'Wx44'Lx ?H.
Thank you for any help.

danemayer

Hi PhoenixRun,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm guessing "2001" is a typo as Heartland came into existence in 2004. If you mean 2011 Country Ridge, based on this sale listing, it might be just under 13'. Usually, a height spec includes the air conditioner, located in the center. So on the sides, you might not need the full height.

But it's dangerous to go by spec sheets.

You might do better to ask the dealer to measure for you to see if it matches the 12.75' spec.

And if you intend to support it so the wheels are off the ground, you may need to factor that in.

mlpeloquin

You could call the dealer and ask them to measure the height and add six inches. If I was going to the expense of building a carport, I would take a day and go measure it myself to make sure.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
14’. Never know when an upgrade might be in your future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I am planning 14' to the eave. This rv will never be towed once backed in there and up on blocks it is for a hunting cabin. I do have a Forest River Gray Wolf travel trailer for when we get the itch to hit the road.
Guy I bought it from said he had leaks on the slide side since new that he had repaired a few times. Hence I decided just to cover it as I got the trailer at a good price so the roof cost still keeps it a fair deal an settles my mind.
Thanks for the replies. Rev T.

pegmikef

Get it measured or measure it yourself. My landmark oshkosh specs said the height is 13'3", but it is in fact between 13'6" and 13'7" inches. I am wary of overpasses mark less that 14'. If you measure it, make sure you are hooked up and it is level and on level ground.