12 volt living room lights and awning lights stopped working on wilderness 2850bh

Hi,
I need some help. The 12 volt lights and my awning lights have stopped working. None of my fuses appear to be blown, but the switches for those lights are right next to each other in the living room. I am not very handy when it comes to electrical problems so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

danemayer

Hi Jeff,

Are you plugged into shore power? If yes, then it may be that your Power Converter (changes 120V AC into 12V DC) is not working. On shore power, it provides 12V DC to the interior lights and awning a some other stuff. It also keeps the battery charged.

If you're on battery power, there's a 12V DC manual reset mini-circuit breaker near the battery that may be tripped. It's probably covered by a red rubber boot. There's a teeny tiny reset button on the bottom edge of the breaker. But if it's been tripped, the battery is probably run down and needs to be recharged.

danemayer

You'll need to check the fuses with an ohm meter. Visual checks don't always work to find a problem.

wdk450

Next probable cause would be one of the interconnect boxes under the trailer having bad wirenut connections. This will probably require a Digital Voltmeter or a 12 volt DC test lamp. Maybe even a "Hunter-Tracker" RF signal injector and RF "sniffing" receiver pen. Some of these boxes have 110vac wiring in them, so be careful!

I am a little suspicious that this problem SEEMS to involve more than 1 DC circuit (some interior lights and awning lights). Normally 2 12VDC supply lines don't go out at the same time. But ground returns are shared back to the battery/converter and 1 break in a ground line could cause multiple DC circuits to go out.

I am thinking that this problem might be beyond your comfort zone, so maybe you could recruit a fellow RVer to help you, or call out a mobile RV repairman.

Good luck!!!