Can’t figure out furnace

JDuckett

Hello. I have a 2016 3760EL. I can’t remember how to operate the furnace. I thought the bedroom thermostat controlled the heat but when set to furnace the top unit comes on and no furnace. When I set the living room thermostat the top unit comes on and the furnace comes on. I used to full time in it and never remembered to to unit running. Can somebody help?

jmarnell

In our rig, the fan needs to be set to "auto" when using the furnace. If you have the fan set to high or low instead of auto, the fan in the AC unit will turn on with the furnace..

danemayer

The FAN mode controls the blower built into the A/C unit (but not the compressor). It works independently of whether you are asking for Air Conditioning or Heat. So if it's on High or Low, the blower will run whenever the thermostat calls for either A/C or Furnace. By setting the FAN Mode to AUTO, the blower runs only when needed for Air Conditioning.

Only one of your thermostats is connected to the Furnace. Sometimes it's the thermostat in the bedroom. Sometimes it's in the living room. Location varies depending on model, floorplan, and age.