Help!!!

Lndeatr

Another thought. This slide has a slide in a slide. If the inner slide holding the couch is not in, the outer slide wont move. Anyone know where the sensor is?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Another thought. This slide has a slide in a slide. If the inner slide holding the couch is not in, the outer slide wont move. Anyone know where the sensor is?

Wait - slide in a slide, isn’t that electric, not hydraulic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Please call Lippert now to chat about this. They have a huge customer service team and they have mockup displays at their disposal to walk you through troubleshooting.

866-524-7821

Lndeatr

Please call Lippert now to chat about this. They have a huge customer service team and they have mockup displays at their disposal to walk you through troubleshooting.

866-524-7821

Awesome idea!!

Lndeatr

866-524-7821

Progress. Slide is in. As I noted before the Lippert manual does not tell you to open the valve when manually opening or closing with a drill as it does with the leveling instructions. Slides open and close fully manually with no problems so it is not hydraulics or binding. Now I need to trace the electrical issue. Maybe the rocker switch or the relay. Hopefully not wiring. If its over $100 (my warranty deductable), gonna let La Mesa do it.

Lndeatr

I can't believe how stupid I can be. I have literally diagnosed issues such as this and trained others when I worked on hydraulic systems and electrical systems on tractors and ag equipment. 2 major rules. Always check the simple things and never trust someone else's work if you don't know them.

Turns out the issue the whole time was a shoddy crimp connection done at the factory on the rocker switch. Anyway it's done and I can now go get my new 4007!!!!!!!
5ae23340aa34a03dbf13a451febed64a.jpg

Lndeatr

Spoke too soon. Crimps were an issue but apparently not "the" issue. I forgot to close the hydraulic valve you open when manually opening and closing with a drill. So it works fine with the calve open. Told me that the valve was not opening.

Pulled the valve and confirmed it works (12 volts to the coil), pulled the rocker switch and every pin ohms out correctly. Also confirmed 13+ volts in to the center connectors and 13+ volts out to the other 4 when the rocker is pressed in each side.

Next I ran a hot lead to the + side of the valve and confirmed everything works fine using the rocker switch. My issue is the power leaving the rocker switch is not reaching the valve. This slide out has another electric slideout in it for the couch (pictures attached) which gives a lot if extra room but it has a kill switch that does not allow the hydraulic valve to open if it is not closed.

Soooooooo, it appears I have a pinched or broken wire or the kill switch is bad. Now I need to find that switch and wiring.....

Good news is we rescheduled the pickup of our new 4007 until Thursday and the PDI manager said he is happy to know it's not a slide, hydraulic, or valve issue and they can fix it. I'm a believer that you leave things in the same or better shape for the next person so I'm gonna try and fix it.

I will update.
737f59b37e65eecc1be200b769df474f.jpg
6191681b079f2004812954dbac11a7de.jpg

Lndeatr

Hopefully last post from me for this thread. Behind this panel is the cutoff switch that prevents the main hydraulic slide from moving unless the inner electric slide is closed. One of the wires came out of the crimp connection. Also it is a very lousy design. If I was keeping this I would probably just bypass the kill switch but since it is going to be sold to someone else, I fixed the connection and added a few 3" screws to hd the bracket in place better. Good thing I opened the panel because sitting with the slide half in, some water got it and the carpet was damp. Putting a space heater on it and have the furnace at 85.

Thanks for all the help.

10ae51e9db281ddd775f5e19eae53576.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Should not have happened, but good it was actually something relatively minor.

And your discovery of that hidden switch gets added to the forum’s collective knowledge should another experience a similar problem

Last edited:

Bobby A

Glad you got it fixed, good thing you had the knowledge to do all the troubleshooting and repair, so many of us would not have a clue on how to trouble shoot and repair. Congrats on the new unit.
Bobby A

CDN

B and B
Excellent thread, good trouble shooting and good on you making it right before trading it in.

Safe Travels!

Brian

BrannonB

Glad you got it fixed, but even more glad that you are a man of integrity. So many people would have just ran it in manually and said let the dealership fool with it. Thanks for standing out in the crowd.