Can the water pump be used to fill the fresh water tank from a non-pressurized source?

When boon-docking is there a way with the Anderson Valve to use the water pump to fill the fresh water tank from a non-pressurized source such as a 5-gallon water container. We plan on dry camping in the near future and need a way to refill the fresh water tank while we are stationary for an extended time frame. I have seen water bladders advertised - but unclear as how the water is transfer to the fresh water tank on our 5th wheel.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

danemayer

You could run a short length of hose between the non-pressurized source to the water inlet where your hose is normally attached. If you switch the Anderson Valve to WINTERIZE mode, the pump will suck water out of your source container and route it to the fixtures, but not to the tank. You could get a larger, collapsible water container and sit it in the bed of the truck. That would probably work better than 5 gallon containers, unless you use water by the drop.

Flick

When boon-docking is there a way with the Anderson Valve to use the water pump to fill the fresh water tank from a non-pressurized source such as a 5-gallon water container. We plan on dry camping in the near future and need a way to refill the fresh water tank while we are stationary for an extended time frame. I have seen water bladders advertised - but unclear as how the water is transfer to the fresh water tank on our 5th wheel.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Suggestion would be to use a low volume boat bilge pump with a hose rigged up to attach to your trailer water inlet. Of course a 12 volt power source would have to be used. You would put the pump in a 5 gallon or like bucket and it would pump it faster than you could refill the bucket. That would leave your trailer water setup as is.

Lynn1130

A little more involved but: I have a 35 gal tote that I use for fresh water when we dry camp for longer periods. I also have a used water pump from an RV that I rebuilt. I use that with long 12 volt lead to the battery, and hoses from the tote to the water inlet on the trailer when I need to refill. There is a water station at a gas station about 10 miles from our camping spot and they charge $1 for 50 gals. I refill the tote there if needed. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Gary521

There is one Anderson valve that will do this, however, you would have to replace your existing valve with a special new one. They also are not exactly cheap.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I think I am going to order a water bladder and a 12vdc marine pump as suggested - I've read where others have used this idea.

Thanks again!

esscobra

Milwaukee makes 18v portable pump that works really well - used to pump fresh in to sanitize tank- and I also use to winterize with a/f --