2017 landmark newport 365 bumper/platform

Jgermany

Our fifth wheel didn't come with a actual bumper and at the time of purchase we didn't think it would be a issue but we have accumulated so much stuff that it would be really nice to have a bumper to attach a bike carrier or a platform.
I'm just curious if anyone has had any ideas on this or has actually had one mounted on this model or a similar model with just a rear cap. I know it would have to attach to the frame which is a I-beam on both sides and would have to drop down a bit to clear the bottom rung of the ladder. Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A few here on the forum, including myself, have added receivers to the rear of our rigs.
Some have added bolt on or welded on hitches, some have welded dual receivers to the frame.
As far as the ladder there are options such as keeping the platform just below or cutting a notch to go around the ladder.

Peace
Dave

Jgermany

I didn't have a clue that a receiver hitch was even available for fifth wheels. I think I found 1 that would work and it looks like it would be low enough to be below the ladder. I appreciate you mentioning that.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I didn't have a clue that a receiver hitch was even available for fifth wheels. I think I found 1 that would work and it looks like it would be low enough to be below the ladder. I appreciate you mentioning that.

Lippert makes a couple of models that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickL

I had my dealer add a 2” receiver. It’s bolted on so according to the hitch manufacturer it is only to be used to carry bikes. If I was to have it welded then the hitch is capable of towing up to 3500 lbs if my memory serves me correctly. To get around the ladder issue I added a 7” extension so my bikes could sit clear of the ladder.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I did a custom hitch I had made by my local welding shop..

here is the link. https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=439083&viewfull=1#post439083

I have found that the receiver needs to be flush or stick out behind the rear cap in order for my bike rack to clear the ladder. Mine is recessed and I have to you a extension.

Happy trails
Jerrod

6389497aa3e05b870f7bb4f253e210c2.jpg