Landing Gear hydraulic leak

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3800. The front left landing gear leg is leaking hydraulic fluid. Unfortunately this is the one located behind the generator box and is almost impossible to access it to inspect. Does anyone know a trick to getting to that area without removing the generator and generator box?
Secondly, has anyone had this problem? If so, what was the fix?

Oldelevatorman

I have a 2011 Cyclone 3800. The front left landing gear leg is leaking hydraulic fluid. Unfortunately this is the one located behind the generator box and is almost impossible to access it to inspect. Does anyone know a trick to getting to that area without removing the generator and generator box?

Can’t help you with access but Heartland sent me a new leg when the right front one leaked on my Landmark and I replaced it myself! You can have it repaired somewhere that works on hydraulics and keep for a spare but is expensive from what I’ve heard!
It could be just a hose fitting and not the cylinder itself. Call a mobile guy if you don’t feel comfortable doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt750

On our last toy hauler (a Torque 321), I replaced and added a Reico Titan level system. The only way I was able to access the gen-set side jack was with the help of my wife. She slipped into the space right above the generator and laid on top of it to remove the old jack and help with installing the new one. Please note that this took a lot of convincing to get her in that space (luckily she is 5ft. hundred something lbs)!

Is there any way you could clean the jack and jack fittings with isopropyl alcohol? Maybe with a sprayer? Can you access the area with a mirror? Maybe a camera or phone with a light (on a selfy-stick)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk