Andersen Valve issue

shawnmuir

I’m having a problem with the valve locations on the Andersen valve. They read “Tank” (to fill tank), “Normal” (draw from tank when no city hooked up), “Winterize” (to draw antifreeze thru pump and to fixtures), and “City” (when hooked to city water pressure). My issue is when I turn the valve to normal I get city water pressure which is opposite each other, and when I turn to Winterize it fills the tank which is opposite each other. Now Yes I removed the Center screw and removed the arrow handle and corrected the position on one but yet the other is out so no matter which one I correct the other one is wrong. It’s driving me nuts and makes it hard to trouble shoot anything. I’m thinking of just relabeling the front panel and be done with it but I’m starting to think it was plumbed wrong. Not blaming Heartland but something is wrong or I’m not using it properly. Any ideas? I notice the new valves have only 3 positions but mine has 4. Confused about that as well.

danemayer

I've attached a picture that shows what's supposed to go to each connection on the backside of the valve. If you follow the tubing to the inlet and outlet of the pump, you should be able to verify installation.

Has the core ever been removed? If so, perhaps it wasn't put back in correctly.

On 2nd generation valves, there's an extra channel so that on CITY, you can also pump water out of the fresh tank, which comes in handy on the road, in between campgrounds. Similarly, on NORMAL, that channel also allows city water to flow.

Attachments

• Anderson 4way valve 5 Sanitize.jpg
    Anderson 4way valve 5 Sanitize.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 63

shawnmuir

I've attached a picture that shows what's supposed to go to each connection on the backside of the valve. If you follow the tubing to the inlet and outlet of the pump, you should be able to verify installation.

Has the core ever been removed? If so, perhaps it wasn't put back in correctly.

On 2nd generation valves, there's an extra channel so that on CITY, you can also pump water out of the fresh tank, which comes in handy on the road, in between campgrounds. Similarly, on NORMAL, that channel also allows city water to flow.

Think I found my problem. Thanks everyone. 0F9ACB21-B2A1-4BC5-B021-ADE3D16961AB.jpg