Cold water flow ok, hot water missing

I have cold water at all faucets with great pressure. Turn the hot water on and nothing. No air. Nothing. The exterior shower works fine. Help!,,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You need to make sure that your water heater bypass valves are correct
You may not have water in the water heater, and if that's the case and you are trying to heat water you may have burned out the heater element.
Your Trail Runner should have two bypass valves open and one closed.

Peace
Dave

You need to make sure that your water heater bypass valves are correct
You may not have water in the water heater, and if that's the case and you are trying to heat water you may have burned out the heater element.
Your Trail Runner should have two bypass valves open and one closed.

Peace
Dave
Bypass valves are in the correct position and cold water is going into the heater and being heated. Output is hot.

danemayer

I have cold water at all faucets with great pressure. Turn the hot water on and nothing. No air. Nothing. The exterior shower works fine. Help!,,

Does "Turn the hot water on and nothing. No air. Nothing." mean there's no water coming out of the faucet at all?

And do you mean the exterior shower has hot water coming out?

How cold is it at your location?

Does "Turn the hot water on and nothing. No air. Nothing." mean there's no water coming out of the faucet at all?

And do you mean the exterior shower has hot water coming out?

How cold is it at your location?

yes. Water flowing through cold water faucet and nothing through hot water. It was 5 degrees this morning and now it’s 32 Fahrenheit

danemayer

yes. Water flowing through cold water faucet and nothing through hot water. It was 5 degrees this morning and now it’s 32 Fahrenheit

I'd say you probably have some frozen water lines. You probably have low point drains under the trailer on the off-door-side. There is water in the drain tube, below the coroplast, but above the drain valve. That water freezes and the ice can wick its way into the tee, blocking water flow.

Try using a hair dryer on the hot water low point drain to see if that frees up the blockage.

Keeping the water running at 5 (F) usually takes some extra steps. You'll find a lot of helpful information in our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

I'd say you probably have some frozen water lines. You probably have low point drains under the trailer on the off-door-side. There is water in the drain tube, below the coroplast, but above the drain valve. That water freezes and the ice can wick its way into the tee, blocking water flow.

Try using a hair dryer on the hot water low point drain to see if that frees up the blockage.

Keeping the water running at 5 (F) usually takes some extra steps. You'll find a lot of helpful information in our owner-written Water Systems Winter Usage Guide.

thanks. I got under the trailer and opened the the hot water low point drain. Hot water came out and the hot water line into the trailer got warm and hot water started flowing. Drained all the hot water and let the heater recover it. What throws me is that:
1. It’s been much colder for longer.
2. The cold water was always fine.

danemayer

thanks. I got under the trailer and opened the the hot water low point drain. Hot water came out and the hot water line into the trailer got warm and hot water started flowing. Drained all the hot water and let the heater recover it. What throws me is that:
1. It’s been much colder for longer.
2. The cold water was always fine.

How much the furnace runs, placement of drains and tubing, temperature, wind, all are variables.

WillyBill

My bet is a piece of debris in a check valve in the hot water line near the faucet. Had thaat problem on both at the kitchen sink when trailer was 6 yrs old - wood chips.

WB