Furnace Fan Will not Stop Runnin

hitek7

2013 33TBUD, Furnace blowed will not stop running unless I slap on the furnace box. Sail switch faulty?

danemayer

The sail switch is kept closed when the blower is at 75% or higher airflow, so that switch being stuck closed, I don't think would cause the blower to keep running.

After the thermostat set point is reached, the gas valve should close, shutting off the flame/heat, and about 15 seconds later, the control board should cut power to the blower.

So, assuming the gas valve/heat did shut off, you may have a control board problem.

wdk450

The sail switch is kept closed when the blower is at 75% or higher airflow, so that switch being stuck closed, I don't think would cause the blower to keep running.

After the thermostat set point is reached, the gas valve should close, shutting off the flame/heat, and about 15 seconds later, the control board should cut power to the blower.

So, assuming the gas valve/heat did shut off, you may have a control board problem.

If heat did not shut off, sticking gas solenoid valve???

LBR

The heat will shut off, fan just will not stop unless a slap the furnace box a couple times.

If it were mine, I would use a contact cleaner and work every wire connection inside the furnace box that is designed to plug/unplug. Your unit is around 8 years old and may have connections building up high resistance in them.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Are you sure it’s the furnace and not the a/c fan? If it’s possibly the fan from your a/c, switch your fan setting on the thermostat to auto. It sounds like it is either on low or medium or high

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hitek7

Definitely the furnace. Is there a better way to access this furnace than through the access panel under the cabinets? All the electrical components look to be on the opposite side...

danemayer

Definitely the furnace. Is there a better way to access this furnace than through the access panel under the cabinets? All the electrical components look to be on the opposite side...

I'm not familiar with North Trail floor plans, but generally, the furnace can be accessed from the outside. Look for the air intake and exhaust tubes on the side wall.

Bogie

The heat will shut off, fan just will not stop unless a slap the furnace box a couple times.

If slapping the box shuts if off, I would focus on looking for a contact solenoid switch that is sticking. if you are able, you might try looking on line for a wiring diagram for your furnace. it may give you a clue as to where to look.