Thank You - Torklift International

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
We have the steps, and the railing. Very good product, and a huge improvement over the originals.

We had one problem in that the plastic brackets which attach the handrail to the RV body are not durable. Both brackets failed (at the screw-holes) soon after installation.

I have fashioned replacements from extruded aluminum as seen in the photo below.

0388-FA78-A53-E-4808-BA8-E-9-A4-C91-FDFCB8.jpg

mlpeloquin

We have the steps, and the railing. Very good product, and a huge improvement over the originals.

We had one problem in that the plastic brackets which attach the handrail to the RV body are not durable. Both brackets failed (at the screw-holes) soon after installation.

I have fashioned replacements from extruded aluminum as seen in the photo below.

0388-FA78-A53-E-4808-BA8-E-9-A4-C91-FDFCB8.jpg

We did not have any problem with ours. Perhaps a bad batch.

Chrisandsama

I will be installing my Glowstep Revolutions that Torquelift sent me this weekend, I cannot wait and am glad I waited to purchase steps, I was really looking hard at the Morryde steps but everyone here talked about how much better these are.

rhodies1

I’m sure you’ll like them much better. And you don’t have to fold the steps up inside your unit....thus putting all the dirt and water inside your unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oldslowhans.....did you contact Torklift about the issue..their products have a life time warranty and they have Customer Service. 24 hrs a day

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I’m sure you’ll like them much better. And you don’t have to fold the steps up inside your unit....thus putting all the dirt and water inside your unit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oldslowhans.....did you contact Torklift about the issue..their products have a life time warranty and they have Customer Service. 24 hrs a day

I didn’t contact them. I’m sure they would have replaced the parts, but I feel safer with my metal solution.

carl.swoyer

Just got home from Key West FL and the steps are here and look incredible. Looking forward to the install. I'll post more later.
Thanks Kirstin!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just got home from Key West FL and the steps are here and look incredible. Looking forward to the install. I'll post more later.
Thanks Kirstin!

Installation was super easy. We did not disassemble the steps like it’s stated in their instructions. We used a floor jack to lower the old steps out and use the floor jack to raise the new steps into place. 4 bolts and done!!

carl.swoyer

Installation was super easy. We did not disassemble the steps like it’s stated in their instructions. We used a floor jack to lower the old steps out and use the floor jack to raise the new steps into place. 4 bolts and done!!
Jwalker ,
That's how I removed my factory steps. They are the original ones and I've had them out twice for welding repairs. Other than my big hands in the tight spaces it should go fairly easy.

Last edited:

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Torklift International chose me to be an Atlantic Canada product evaluator. They have provided me with a set of Glowstep Revolution steps to use and demonstrate to fellow RV’ers. I want to say thank-you very much to Torklift International, with a special thank-you to Candace, Kirsten, & Kayla, for choosing myself for this project.
We are really grateful for our Glowstep Revolution steps, they have made it much easier to enter our Bighorn.

Bogie

That's exactly how I handled installation. Worked like a champ!

carl.swoyer

Thank you so much Kirstin!
I removed the factory steps and installed these incredible torque steps.
The quality of the new steps are easily 10 times the factory steps. The install was very easy.
I cut a pressure treated 2x4 to an 1/8" over the required opening and hammered it from front to rear of the factory mounting brackets.
The new steps lined up perfectly. I did opt for removing the two bolts and Teflon shims noted in pictures 1 and 2. This allows for installing just the stair frame without the steps. Very easy install. Less than 1 hour.
5001a38a75379d0b7d82ad8a109f0a78.jpg
cd7ae393aa91c820d56d4c7d1720afee.jpg
9d372d6fd10be623a0dc64fde07d0ad9.jpg
7cb069565b51e2b80076a1d36469cec0.jpg

carl.swoyer

Good idea using the block of wood to spread the factory box.
It worked out well Dane.
I actually started with a 2 x 4 cut to the exact opening required, but there was a little spring back. So the second one provided the exact opening. I think these step are incredibly built.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It worked out well Dane.
I actually started with a 2 x 4 cut to the exact opening required, but there was a little spring back. So the second one provided the exact opening. I think these step are incredibly built.

Carl, they are incredibly built. We’ve had ours for almost 4 years now, living in our rig fulltime so going up and down these steps daily. And they still work wonderfully! I’ve used a spray silicone lube about once a year on the scissor connections, but that’s it, still work great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Did mine all by myself as well.

All I used when I installed them was two screwdrivers and two socket wrenches.

Once I took one bolt out of each side of the original steps I put a screwdriver in the bolt holes to hold the steps while I removed all of the other bolts.

Once all of the other bolts were removed I put my knees under the old steps, removed the screwdrivers and then lowered the old steps to my knees, then turned away from the trailer and set them aside on the ground.

I then hung the Glowstep bracket in the trailer using the two screwdrivers and put in the bolts...then attached the steps and I was done!

ProwlerGlowStep1Old-P3160576.jpg ProwlerGlowStep2-P3160579.jpg ProwlerGlowStep3-P3160582.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep4-P3160584.jpg ProwlerGlowStep6-P3160590.jpg ProwlerGlowStep5-P3160596.jpg

ProwlerGlowStep8-P3200628.jpg ProwlerGlowStep7-P3160624.jpg

rhodies1

Finally had the opportunity yesterday to add my Torklift steps.
Truly a huge improvement to the OEM steps, ease to use and stability is second to none.
Thanks again Torklift for your support.

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Torklift International's Glow Steps is one of the best upgrades I've done to my RV.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
Did mine all by myself as well.
Hello JohnD, how's life treating you these days during retirement? Do you still have relatives around Lake Tahoe? Wishing you the best during these trying times. You miss your Prowler?

Last edited by a moderator: