Fantastic Fan

Dswope13

We are currently contemplating purchase of a 2018 Landmark Oshkosh. Upon the initial walk around, we noticed that this unit does not have a fan in the kitchen/living area like our current RV. I prefer to have the fan circulating when cooking inside the unit. Anyone with opinions about this lack of fan? Can/should one be installed? Thanks for input.

danemayer

Hi Dswope13,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We have a Fantastic Fan at one end of the living area but have rarely used it.

NYSUPstater

Our '18 BC 3560SS came w/ one in the kitchen area and we use it a fair amount to remove any excess heat, smoke from cooking (yup dinner's done!---- LOL) and so on. The dinky POS little fan in bathroom was a joke IMO, so we asked upon ordering if the full size fan can replace the little one----and the factory did change it for a small fee. I see now for '20 that full size FF is in bathroom.

Fox

My opinion is if you want one then have it done. We never use our kitchen vent - but the bathroom vent is often running.
In fairness we almost never cook indoors - plus our kitchen has a regular ceiling fan that runs most of the time.

CDN

B and B
We find the Microwave fan over the cooktop works well enough for those times we cook inside. Make sure it is setup correct, ours was set for recirculate instead of exhaust. We also have a FF in the bath we have used on occasion when something gets overdone.

All the best with your search.

Brian

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Older rigs, like ours, came with a Fantastic Fan mounted over the kitchen area and an exhaust fan over the stove that vents to the outside. We do use the stove to cook breakfasts and side dishes for meals, with the main courses either done on the BBQ or in a Ninja pot. The microwave only vents back into the rig.

I did have to disable the OEM smoke detector over the stairs because the toaster would set it off. Don't worry, I have two other smoke detectors and CO detectors better than the OEM ones.

sengli

I installed my own version of the high flow , multi speed vent fan in the bathroom on our landmark too. I went with a version that had the external rain hood on it. Originally our ashland had one of those cheapy DC motor, 4 inch fans in it from the factory. It would kinda work, but never impressed me.

Climbed up on the roof and swapped it out in about an hour , on a nice day. Wiring is already there, just have to remove the old unit and its frame. Swap in the new fan and screw it down... and dicor the heck out of it. There are a lot of u-tube videos out there on this subject.

Dswope13

Thanks for suggestions everyone. The lack of the fan isn’t a deal breaker, so, I suspect we’ll proceed without one initially and decide later if we really need it.