Help!!!

I have a 2018 Mallard M28 and have water damage. I am currently living in it and am in the military, who do I call to fix this issue?!

danemayer

Hi Simpleman88,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry you're having a problem.

What type of water damage are you talking about? What's the source of the leak? Plumbing? Rain? What's damaged?

Are you the original owner?

Are you within the 1 year warranty?

No my 1 year warranty is gone, the walls aren't bowed out yet but I have moister at the wall seam in front of the bedroom window and the floor feels really soft and squishy from the window in the bedroom to the kitchen slide out, unfortunately it hasn't quite raining and I am forced to live in the camper.

danemayer

Repairing water damage starts with finding the source of the water intrusion and stopping it. If you think water may be getting in near the window, start by inspecting caulking and sealants around the window - the bottom edge is generally not sealed. Also check light fixtures. Look for caulking/sealants that are cracked, or that pull up away from the surrounding area. Until it stops raining, the best you may be able to do is cover a leaking area.

If you have extensive damage to the flooring, you might want to look for an independent service shop rather than a dealer. Dealers usually prioritize their work toward new sales, and can take a long time getting to repairs. Independent shops just do repair work and make money by getting trailers in and out more quickly.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you can’t locate a truly independent RV tech, look for a smaller RV dealer in the area. They may also offer on-site service since their sales volume isn’t as demanding as some mega-dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

Here is a list of RV repairers with reviews for Florida, sorted by city. Jacksonville seems to have a bunch, but St. Augustine just 2.
http://rvservicereviews.com/StateLi...D=&ZipCode=&Miles=&SearchState=&KeywordState=

I think with any major floor repair, you are going to have to move out of the rig until repairs are done at the repairer's shop. For the time being, I would recommend covering your roof with a tarp until sunny weather comes, and maybe covering the soft floor spot with plywood to keep you from punching through when walking.

Maybe you could make a pitch to Heartland Factory Service for a repair at their facility in Elkhart, Indiana based on the fact that you are (evidently) low income active military.

Let us know on the forum if you start a "Go Fund Me" page to help finance this repair. I promise to donate.

On edit: I just remembered a pretty good recent thread on repairing rotted floor without replacing the entire thing. See:
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/77472-The-Perverbial-Rotted-Floor-due-to-Water?
Extra good info is on posts # 3, 6, and 8.