New Heartland Pioneer QB300

Hi all, I just recently purchased a new Pioneer QB300 travel trailer and have a few questions and maybe concerns, for 1 whenever it’s silent inside I can hear a creaking from the ceiling and it’s kinda concerning me, I don’t know if I’m being paranoid because it’s new, second from behind the toilet where it connects in is slightly leaking water, I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how the corrected/fixed it, it’s irritating me because the unit is brand new for 2020 and I’m already having that issue and the ceiling creaking issue. Thank you to anyone who may have any answers to my questions

danemayer

Hi jeremiahdt,

Dry everything around the toilet with a hair dryer and then put toilet paper or tissues on the connections, tubing, toilet base, joints, to try to identify exactly where it's leaking. Even small water leaks can turn into a larger problem, so see if you can isolate the leak and then take care of it right away. If it's the toilet itself leaking, and you feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, you could call Heartland Customer Service, or the toilet manufacturer to ask them to send a replacement for self-install. That could save you dropping the trailer off at the dealer and leaving it for weeks.

Does the ceiling creaking happen all throughout the day, or just sometimes?

Hi jeremiahdt,

Dry everything around the toilet with a hair dryer and then put toilet paper or tissues on the connections, tubing, toilet base, joints, to try to identify exactly where it's leaking. Even small water leaks can turn into a larger problem, so see if you can isolate the leak and then take care of it right away. If it's the toilet itself leaking, and you feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, you could call Heartland Customer Service, or the toilet manufacturer to ask them to send a replacement for self-install. That could save you dropping the trailer off at the dealer and leaving it for weeks.

Does the ceiling creaking happen all throughout the day, or just sometimes?

I will definitely dry everything and wrap toilet paper around every connector going into the toilet and call heartland after I find the problem, as for the ceiling creaking it only happens hear and there and mostly at night,

danemayer

I will definitely dry everything and wrap toilet paper around every connector going into the toilet and call heartland after I find the problem, as for the ceiling creaking it only happens hear and there and mostly at night,

I don't recall any prior posts about ceiling creaking. But sometimes RVs can make unusual noises when the outside temp has a wide swing. You might take a look at the roof to see if anything looks unusual - like a raised area that might suggest internal components are moving as the temperature changes.