Our new (to us) 2009 Sundance 287RL

Hi y'all on friday Jan 3rd 2020 we drove 231 Miles to pickup our Sundance that we saw on Facebook marketplace. It was located in Pittsville Illinois, by a dealer, I'll just say Frank was a pleasure to deal with.
We pull it with a Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 6 1/2 foot bed with a Curt 16K slider, and air lift 5000's. Did't put but 10 Lbs of air in the air bags, the truck sat absolutely level, no squat at all. Pulled great on our return trip of 231 Miles. Only problem we had was the marker lights on the trailer went out, brake, turn and 4 ways still worked so used them as it was dark upon returning.
I traced this to the trailer plug, looks like I need to cut this one off and install a new one, the contacts are spread wide and it looks worn, corroded badly. The sliding door between the shower area and the kitchen had come off the glides and I fixed that Saturday, the Jensen radio AWM 910 didn't work, so I ordered an AWM 965 as a replacement. Funny thing, the square headed screws that held the old unit in were jammed into the plastic surround so I threaded them partially back into the wood mount, I had previously taken the unit out to examine the wiring. Well I smacked the radio to force the screws out, amazing, later I again pushed the on/off button, it worked :) I guess it just needed a jolt, course the CD player didn't work, so still replacing it. :)
Going to try and post pictures, don't know if it will work, but here goes.IMG_0844.JPG
well guess your gonna have to turn your computer upside down until I can figure this out, the Sundance is sitting in our back yard, don't worry I have her tied down so its not gonna fly up into the sky LOL.

Kbvols

Welcome and Congrats on your new Rig. I hope you enjoy and have great times with it. I grew up just North of Chaffee in Perryville. There are alot of great camping areas that part of the State.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bogie

Congrats on your new (to you) Sundance. I'm sure you will have furn with it!. Safe Travels.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
chaffeekid, why don't you bring your new trailer to our Missouri chapter rally May 14-17th? You'll meet other Missourians (Missouriites?) there and have a great time.

chaffeekid, why don't you bring your new trailer to our Missouri chapter rally May 14-17th? You'll meet other Missourians (Missouriites?) there and have a great time.
Hey that's a real possibility where is the location of the rally?
Thanks

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
It's gonna be at the Lazy Days Campground in Danville MO. HERE is a link to the post for more details.

It's gonna be at the Lazy Days Campground in Danville MO. HERE is a link to the post for more details.

Hey Jay, we're gonna be there, just tried to call for reservations but they don't open till 10am, will tell them we are with the Heartland owners club. We are going to arrive on the 13th and depart on the 17th, probably will stop by the house, then head for Waco Texas and our son's birthday on the 22nd 🤠

mlpeloquin

Congratulations on your new to you fifth wheel. You may want to check the build date on the tires and make sure that they are not Towmax. Towmax is known as BlowMax. Not if, but when they will blow. Your tiers should not be older then five years old no matter what the tread or sidewalls look like. In case you do not know you can attend any Heartland in the nation. So take a look under "Events" and do it early. They can fill up fast. Safe travels.

Congratulations on your new to you fifth wheel. You may want to check the build date on the tires and make sure that they are not Towmax. Towmax is known as BlowMax. Not if, but when they will blow. Your tiers should not be older then five years old no matter what the tread or sidewalls look like. In case you do not know you can attend any Heartland in the nation. So take a look under "Events" and do it early. They can fill up fast. Safe travels.

Yep one the first thing I did all five are St special trailer dated 3218 look like less than 500 miles on them and I put 231 on it after purchase. Can't remember name brand but not Blow Max LOL
thanks

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Hey that's a real possibility where is the location of the rally?
Thanks
The Rally is in Danville Mo. 13th thru 17th of May. Go to the Heartland RV forum click on Mo rally info will come up as well as a small map. Hope to see you at the Mo rally---------Larry & Gayle Kuykendall Missouri Chapter Leaders