Can’t use my Hensley arrow. What hitch can handle 1400 & 1700 lb tongue weights?

J1mbo

Hello Fellow Heartland Owners!
My name is Jim and I’m from SoCal. This is my first post on the forum.
I am the very happy owner of a brand new 2020 Torque T314 TT Toyhauler and am in the process of figuring out what hitch I’m going to use. I own a Hensley Arrow hitch that I used on my previous Toyhauler and have been extremely happy with it. Unfortunately I do not believe it’s going to work out for the new rig because I’m exceeding the 1400 lb tongue weight rating when the trailer has no cargo in the back.
The current numbers on the T314 look like this:
1400 lb tongue weight with the trailer fully loaded and my Can Am X3 Max side by side in the back.
1700 lb tongue weight with the trailer fully loaded with NO side by side in the back.
Note: These numbers are without the Hensley arrow installed which would add approx 190 lbs to the tongue. Right now I’m using my back up hitch which is an old style Blue Ox Sway Pro with 1500 bars. I bought the Hensley Arrow because I was never really happy with this hitch especially when towing in cross winds. I’m hoping to get some suggestions on what hitch might work best for my situation. Half my trips are with the side by side and half are without so I need something that can easily be adjusted for 1400 to 1700 lb varying tongue weights. I’ve been eye balling the Reese Dual Cam set up with 1700 bars but am not sure at this point.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and sorry for the long first post,
Jim

rhodies1

Contact Hensley Arrow with your situation.I understand they sell refurbished units.
See what they would allow for your unit and what the new one costs, maybe worth doing some sort of exchange deal.
i would try .. you like the Hensley so it’s worth the call.

J1mbo

Contact Hensley Arrow with your situation.I understand they sell refurbished units.
See what they would allow for your unit and what the new one costs, maybe worth doing some sort of exchange deal.
i would try .. you like the Hensley so it’s worth the call.

Unfortunately, Hensley does not make a hitch with a higher tongue rating. The one I have now is the largest they offer. I see some guys using them with rigs that must be exceeding the 1400 limit but I just don't feel comfortable risking it. I spoke with Hensley and their recommendation was to add ballast to the back but I don't want to add 1500 pounds of ballast every time a make a trip without my side by side.

Todster

Pullrite makes a 2k/20k. Used it for 8 years before selling that trailer and moving to a fifth wheel. The hitch is bullett proof and can be found from time to time used for half the cost of a Hensley.

Been here before. Played that game and won!!

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro