Ideas for holding coffee pot in place during travel?

nitrotate

Hi guys, anyone have any good ideas to anchor a little counter top coffee maker in place so I don't have to stow it for travel? I realize I'll have to stow the glass pot itself but I would like to anchor the coffee maker on the counter. Just looking for unique ideas anyone might have. I did some searching on the form but not finding anything yet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
A number of years ago fellow Heartland owner Betty D. Gave us a small sheet of a black rubbery pad. About an eighth thick.
Our Kuerig has been on this sheet on the shelf ever since. No pot to worry about but the machine doesn't move.
I've seen rolls of this stuff at Wal-Mart in the kitchen utensil area. Check it out.

Peace
Dave

nitrotate

A number of years ago fellow Heartland owner Betty D. Gave us a small sheet of a black rubbery pad. About an eighth thick.
Our Kuerig has been on this sheet on the shelf ever since. No pot to worry about but the machine doesn't move.
I've seen rolls of this stuff at Wal-Mart in the kitchen utensil area. Check it out.

Peace
Dave

Thanks, yes I know exactly what you are talking about, might just be that simple, I guess I could give it a try and see if the coffee pot stays in place.

david-steph2018

Look at something like this:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.campingworld.com/super-grips--black-17785.html?cgid=tvs-dvd-players#start=16&cgid=electronics%2Faudio-video%2Ftvs-dvd-players%2Ftv-dvd-accessories-hardware

These are grips that one piece is on the counter and the other section on the appliance. They do work for us.
I found the ones we have at Camping World but have seen them at Walmart, Lowes ETC....
[SUB][SUP]<strike>
</strike>[/SUP][/SUB]
[/FONT]

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our electric teakettle rides along on the counter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

We leave our coffee maker plugged in on the counter and the pot in the sink. Since 2007 never lost one

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NP_Chief

We have the Ninja Coffee Bar and it rides on the counter with the carafe in the cabinet. It does have some good rubber "feet" on it.

GK2018

Rock n roll putty is absolutely amazing, thousands of miles driven on bumpy roads and have never lost anything! We use it for our coffee pot, kitchen knife holder, a jar full of beach sand (which is brave cause that'd be one heck of a mess to clean up if the putty ever fails haha), wedding mugs, dehumidifiers, trash cans, soap dispensers, and all sorts of other stuff. All you do is roll it into a small ball and press the item onto it and voila secured! Leaves no residue if you ever remove it and comes off easy. The first time we used it I was super skeptical thinking no way this will hold anything but it sure does.

nitrotate

Rock n roll putty is absolutely amazing, thousands of miles driven on bumpy roads and have never lost anything! We use it for our coffee pot, kitchen knife holder, a jar full of beach sand (which is brave cause that'd be one heck of a mess to clean up if the putty ever fails haha), wedding mugs, dehumidifiers, trash cans, soap dispensers, and all sorts of other stuff. All you do is roll it into a small ball and press the item onto it and voila secured! Leaves no residue if you ever remove it and comes off easy. The first time we used it I was super skeptical thinking no way this will hold anything but it sure does.

Ahhh Haaa! Exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you!

GK2018

Ahhh Haaa! Exactly what I'm looking for! Thank you!
Haha no problem! It's done wonders for us, just a side note though if you leave it attached to the item for a year or so it isn't really reusable on another item if you pull it up and try reuse it, but as long as its attached to that initial item it'll hold! We've been going two years strong on the same items without having any problems.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi guys, anyone have any good ideas to anchor a little counter top coffee maker in place so I don't have to stow it for travel? I realize I'll have to stow the glass pot itself but I would like to anchor the coffee maker on the counter. Just looking for unique ideas anyone might have. I did some searching on the form but not finding anything yet.
You should look at heavy duty Velcro. It usually comes in a roll with peel off backing that has good sticking quality. I have found it at Home Depot and Walmart. The hook and latch sides are usually together and you can cut the appropriate size piece(s), pull the glue backing off of one side, stick it on the coffee maker, repeat if multiple pieces, and then pull the backing off of the counter side and put in place. Make sure it’s the place you want the maker. Hope this helps.

TXgearhead

Where did you find it? Is "Rock n Roll Putty" how it is branded?
I couldn't find it on Amazon.
Thanks in advance...

I have used Velcro on many things, Just put fuzzy stuff on the pot side not counter. Fuzzy side attracts thing and loses some hold. ( bread crumbs and food particles)