2018 BH3160EL slide lighting issue

i4110peter

On the drivers side slide, the mood light and the light over the stove went dim and now don't work at all. Don't see any blown fuses and the radio still works. Don't appear to have 12v to the light switches. I thought the wiring would go down, but it goes up from the switches. Is this part of the wire bundle under the slide. Thanks in advance. I suspect bad ground.

danemayer

If the lights that are dim are LEDs, AND your fuse box has little LEDs next to each fuse that illuminate to let you know when a fuse is blown, you may actually have a blown fuse.

The LED in the fuse box will only light up when the fuse is blown AND you have a load on the circuit - meaning it's switched on.

And that LED in the fuse box passes just enough power around the fuse to turn on LEDs very dimly.

Don't trust the label on the fuse box. Check all the fuses, with an ohm meter if possible.

Alternatively, you could have a loose ground wire. If all the fuses check out, pull the fuse box away from the wall and take a look at the wires screwed into the ground buss. One may be loose.

i4110peter

If the lights that are dim are LEDs, AND your fuse box has little LEDs next to each fuse that illuminate to let you know when a fuse is blown, you may actually have a blown fuse.
The LED in the fuse box will only light up when the fuse is blown AND you have a load on the circuit - meaning it's switched on.

And that LED in the fuse box passes just enough power around the fuse to turn on LEDs very dimly.

Don't trust the label on the fuse box. Check all the fuses, with an ohm meter if possible.

Alternatively, you could have a loose ground wire. If all the fuses check out, pull the fuse box away from the wall and take a look at the wires screwed into the ground buss. One may be loose.

So I checked all fuses with an ohm meter, no issues. Pulled fuses panel, no loose wires. I did fine a lot of saw dust and 6 screws. And now to trace wires.

danemayer

If these lights are in a slide, look underneath for where the wires enter the bottom of the slide flooring. Repeated flex can damage the wires.

mlpeloquin

All 12V wiring, lights, and switches, are wired together using twist connectors. I had to locate one, which was behind and buried behind a light, to find the loose connection. It does not to appear to happen very often. Happy hunting.

i4110peter

On the drivers side slide, the mood light and the light over the stove went dim and now don't work at all. Don't see any blown fuses and the radio still works. Don't appear to have 12v to the light switches. I thought the wiring would go down, but it goes up from the switches. Is this part of the wire bundle under the slide. Thanks in advance. I suspect bad ground.
Problem solved. Half way through the wiring under the slide a compression crimp completely corroded. Will try to attach a picture. Thanks for all the great advice. 20200116_133513.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk