New Cyclone 4214

Dmetcalf

I just read an article on a new model being introduced for 2020 the 4214. It has a very unique master bedroom that is in the rear of the coach that lifts up to allow you to load your toy under it.
couple things it looks like to me. Very limited clothes hanging storage and no half bath are two biggies for me. Nice living room in the front though. Anyway just though I would throw this out for discussion. Happy with my 4007.

Last edited:

BLR

Have to unload SXS to sleep..
Not gonna happen in this family
I would never want a 2nd bathroom

Sent from BLR Logistics

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Just curious …. why wouldn't you want a second half bath ..?

I used to say I would never have another half bath....until I bought a trailer that had one. Now I would never not have one. Its just too convenient. For me we always unload the Rzr when we arrive anyway so the unload part is not a problem. I think by lowering the sleeping area it adds about 10 feet of living space while you are camping. Now if it only had the deck on the side!

BLR

I used to say I would never have another half bath....until I bought a trailer that had one. Now I would never not have one. Its just too convenient. For me we always unload the Rzr when we arrive anyway so the unload part is not a problem. I think by lowering the sleeping area it adds about 10 feet of living space while you are camping. Now if it only had the deck on the side!
So you unload every night while on the road? Even if it's for one night?

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
So you unload every night while on the road? Even if it's for one night?

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

I have never stopped for one night. We do not travel or full time in our trailer so when we plan a trip we always stay at least 4 days. I can see the problem however if I was full time and we traveled and wanted to stop for the night and had to unload the Rzr. That would suck.

BLR

I have never stopped for one night. We do not travel or full time in our trailer so when we plan a trip we always stay at least 4 days. I can see the problem however if I was full time and we traveled and wanted to stop for the night and had to unload the Rzr. That would suck.
We travel full-time. Sometimes maybe 10 miles other days maybe 100.
I really liked the layout till we have to unload every night.

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics

Lndeatr

We recently traded in our 3611 for a 4007. The 3611 was an insurance replacement for our burned 300C (which had a great layout for us). When we got the 3611 we were so disappointed in the layout and design. It appears it was designed by someone who has no real experience in an RV. Not practical and focused too heavily on gadgets and accessories. We had switches we still never figured out and way too many light switches. Stuffed a king size bed in a bedroom where a queen barely would fit. Anyway I am starting to rant.....

We watched the Cyclone designs for 2 years and were ready to give up and go with another manufacturer when we saw the 4007. Love it and the layout and design makes sense for up to six people comfortably traveling and not just parked. We figured they finally used a designer that has the consumer in mind until I watched the videos on the 4214. Says it sleeps 7 to 8. Reminds me of a submarine where they stow gear and bunks in every hole. This really does not look like a usable design to me for more than 2 people and then only for long term where you don't want to use the garage. I bet the same person designed both the 3611 and 4214......

Absolutely love the 4007.

woolf

We recently traded in our 3611 for a 4007. The 3611 was an insurance replacement for our burned 300C (which had a great layout for us). When we got the 3611 we were so disappointed in the layout and design. It appears it was designed by someone who has no real experience in an RV. Not practical and focused too heavily on gadgets and accessories. We had switches we still never figured out and way too many light switches. Stuffed a king size bed in a bedroom where a queen barely would fit. Anyway I am starting to rant.....

We watched the Cyclone designs for 2 years and were ready to give up and go with another manufacturer when we saw the 4007. Love it and the layout and design makes sense for up to six people comfortably traveling and not just parked. We figured they finally used a designer that has the consumer in mind until I watched the videos on the 4214. Says it sleeps 7 to 8. Reminds me of a submarine where they stow gear and bunks in every hole. This really does not look like a usable design to me for more than 2 people and then only for long term where you don't want to use the garage. I bet the same person designed both the 3611 and 4214......

Absolutely love the 4007.

I have to disagree. The 4214 brings a solution for anyone wanting a forward living toy hauler that is still capable of holding some toys. We moved from a Fuzion FZ393 to an RW390 in 2013 because we loved the dual opposing couches in the living area. This layout was great except that it robbed a ton of space from the kitchen, left us with a small bedroom, and a 12' garage. If you have a newer 4 seat SxS, this is an issue for sure. To make matters worse for us, all four of us in the family race dirt bikes as well. This meant we were double R'ing it every time the RZR came with us. Really hasn't been that bad, but we've pretty much stopped bringing the RZR places with the camper. Honestly I'm probably still in the same boat with the 4214, as I really need a 20-24' garage to make things work for us, but RVing is all about compromise.

For us the 4214 would offer the compromise of losing:

-Overhead bunk in living area
-Dual queens in the garage replaced by dual twins
-Momma and I would have to sleep with the kids when traveling in the front living area (sometimes there's a benefit to squeezing into a smaller bed than a king ;)
-No direct access to the garage from the living quarters.

However, we gain all of the following:
-Awesome 3 couch living room
-Unreal kitchen space compared to the current setup
-An island with a bar
-A table to eat at
-A fold-up king in the bedroom which is way better than we have it now.
-Bigger bathroom
-An additional pass through storage area
-Convenient access to the tie downs, without having to slide 14' on my back just to get there
-An additional awning

Is it absolutely perfect, nope! But hey, what is? I complain because my house lacks in certain ways. It's 5000 sqft and I built it, so who am I to complain. My biggest gripe is that from a moto racing family perspective, I was really wanting a rear half bath. This puts the Fuzion 430 into contention for us, but I think it is a ways behind as far as living space is considered. I guess I may just have to remove the boots for the prerace deuce.

We travel from Michigan to Colorado or Utah once every other year with all the toys in tow. We usually take our time and make the trip in about 2 and a half days each way. It certainly would not be ideal not to be able to use the rear garage, but there is a huge benefit to not having to sweep, mop, and roll out carpet when I get there. We are hare scramble racers, which is more of an endurance race then a 4 lap moto. This means over an hour on the bike for the wife and kids, and almost 3 hours or more for me. When we are done, our crap is filthy and all I want to do is sleep. Can't do that until I am loaded and home, so chances are I'm not going to get the bikes spotless before they go away. So, regardless of how clean I try and get the garage, it is never as clean as the living room. The drop down bedroom fixes that problem for me and is a compromise that I can live with.

The 4007 is a great rig as well. Almost bought one last year, but the half a dinette thing didn't win me over enough to pry me away from the Road Warrior. My kids are always sprawled out on the ground, the front living gives me that option still. I must say, the bedroom is mint on the 4007 though. I wish that concept would be brought to the 4005 or 3600 layout. Personally my hat's off to Cyclone for bringing something that allows the toy hauler community to enjoy the benefits of front living without resorting to bringing only two dirt bikes.