2021 Newport

Mark-Roberta 051995

Group,

We currently have a '17 LM 365 Charleston with an outside kitchen (fridge/storage) and a sliding TV in the belly box for outdoor viewing. My wife has indicated that she wants to learn more about the 2020 Newport since she saw the 2019 at the Goshen Rally back in June '19.
We both like the layout of the bath and half, two tone cabinets, pantry and storage. We are going to the Hershey RV Show in September and are in the market to swap.

So here is the question. Has Heartland ever thought of combining the Charleston outside kitchen into a Newport? In the inside of the Newport the TV and theater seating would have to swap sides as that is how the Charleston is laid out. It appears that this would be doable - but not sure the likability of it from everyone. I think it would be great as the outdoor TV in the Newport is in the slide where the kitchen table is so there is no need for it to be in the belly box.

Maybe Mr. Jim Billetti could chime in and either ask Heartland for me or maybe he would know if Heartland ever thought of this in the past. As you can see - I like my outside space and use it all of the time. I keep all my spices, foil, plates, cooking utensils, etc. in the cabinets and everything travels very good up there.

I welcome all comments - positive of course.

Have a great day - Mark

IMG_3289.JPGbar.jpgIMG_7539.jpg

danemayer

Hi Mark,

It sounds like what you'd really like to know is not whether it's been considered, but whether Heartland would actually start making Newports with an outside kitchen, at some point in the near future.

I'd suggest you call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark Sales.

Keep in mind that Heartland makes major model-year changes with the spring model-year change. They make minor changes in the fall. 2021 Landmarks will probably be available in 2-3 months, but it's way too late for design changes now. Depending on how much engineering and manufacturing prep is needed, it's conceivable a change like this could show up late fall this year. But it's more likely to come with 2022 model, in 14 months or so. If they decide it's a good idea.

Your phone call might make the difference.

Mark-Roberta 051995

Hi Mark,

It sounds like what you'd really like to know is not whether it's been considered, but whether Heartland would actually start making Newports with an outside kitchen, at some point in the near future.

I'd suggest you call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Landmark Sales.

Keep in mind that Heartland makes major model-year changes with the spring model-year change. They make minor changes in the fall. 2021 Landmarks will probably be available in 2-3 months, but it's way too late for design changes now. Depending on how much engineering and manufacturing prep is needed, it's conceivable a change like this could show up late fall this year. But it's more likely to come with 2022 model, in 14 months or so. If they decide it's a good idea.

Your phone call might make the difference.

You hit the nail on the head - I want one if that was the case.

Mark-Roberta 051995

I spoke with the Heartland Rep. on Saturday while visiting the Louisville Boat and RV show. We had a long chat about the possibility of a Newport / Charleston hybrid combination. As stated before by Dan, the 2021 are already designed and being built and this new concept probably won't make it on a minor model change. He was very open to the concept based on the reasons he heard from my wife and myself.

We also talked about trends in the industry, meaning flush floor on slides, no carpet, soft close drawers, ducted and non-ducted AC, etc. etc. No real direction from Heartland on their stance but it has been growing for the last few years.

So - if 2021 brings in this hybrid Newport / Charleston - count me in. :cool:

Mark