Propane cover 20 or 30 lb?

rpoplin

I purchased a 2019 29BHP Caliber and I just purchased 30lb propane tanks. Is the cover that came with it only for 20lb tanks or is it large enough for 30lb? I don’t want to order a tank cover if not needed. Reason I’m asking is trailer is in storage and if I can prevent driving over just to measure.

thanks!

Fox

Excuse me for assuming ... but I thought dealers installed tanks and covers before sending them out.
Regardless, you could live forever without a cover, so whats your hurry?

Tongue mounted tanks add to the bumper load - so larger isn't always better.

I purchased a 2019 29BHP Caliber and I just purchased 30lb propane tanks. Is the cover that came with it only for 20lb tanks or is it large enough for 30lb? I don’t want to order a tank cover if not needed. Reason I’m asking is trailer is in storage and if I can prevent driving over just to measure.

thanks!
If you want to completely “cover” the tanks , 20lb cover won’t do it. There will be about 4-5 inches exposed.

DougHahn

I did the same conversion on my 2020 28RKDS. Unfortunately, you must replace the cover to have full coverage of the tanks. I guess if full coverage is not an issue then the cover will go on the 30lbs tanks, just not to the bottom of the tanks. For me, tongue weight was not a consideration because I full time in one location for the most part. Larger tanks save me a few trips to the propane refill station, then it is worth the extra weight. If you want a full 30lbs cover, Amazon has you covered and no need to measure. Amazon lists the tank covers by 30lbs designation. I only found back or white colors, however, I was not looking for any color other than black. Amazon may have other colors, however, that I am not aware of. I hope this helps and is not too late.

thanks!
If the tank cover is almost touching the tanks it's a 20#. 30# cover is about 5" taller than 20# tanks.