Another Switch relocation thread :)

After reading much of the mods listed here I too decided to make the switch, with the switch. Now if I were designing the Sundance, i would have run the wire on over in the ceiling and dropped down to the left side of the door where most light switches reside in the RV's I have owned. However to try and do that now would be one heck of a challenge, so opted for the easy way out.

I mean, whoever thought it would be a good idea to put the light switch in the closet, common, what were you guys and gals thinking, even on the aisle side of the coat closet would have been nice. I can understand the Slide switch and the Status Board being in the closet, but the LIGHT switch. Ok enough of that, I think they got the point, who is they, I don't know. Don't mind me, just having a conversation with me. :)

Well I noticed that my Cell Phone likes to take lazy pictures, now they are all laying on their side. Gonna have to start using my Nikon I guess. Anyhoo course the Mirrored doors are the ones you open to access the light switch, revealing also the status board and the slide switch. Used my square hole saw to make the hole above the door. Well actually I used a round 1 1/2 inch hole saw, then one of those vibrating saws, mine is called a Sonic Crafter to square it up so the switches would fit through. The only wire I had to lengthen was the ground wire, white with black stripe, taped up the hot wires red and purple, to prevent arcing, you could also pull the fuse, but I opted for tape, but not together, wrap them separately.

I snaked a wire down from the new hole and used it to hoist the wires up to their new location. As I said had to extend the ground about 5 inches in my case to reach the new hole. I used a piece of 10 gage wire as that is what the ground wire appeared to be, a couple of yellow butt connectors, 10 gage and my handy dandy crimping tool from harbor freight to ensure the connections were strong and tight. Bought the butt connectors and the blank cover plate from my local ACE hardware here in Chaffee. Pulled the wires up, reconnected the switch, ground wire to the top position of the left hand (Porch) with the short jumper the upper position of the light switch. The Red power wire to the lower light switch position, and the purple wire to the lower porch light position. There you have it.

Now when we enter the trailer, reach up and turn on the lights WOOHOO, then open the closet and put away the coats :)
Stand by for my next mod which will be I think one of those RV Locks with the fob to open the lock with only a click of the fob, kinda like our RAM, no more fumbling for the keys, and can't loose them, cause you can punch in your code to open the lock. STAND BY

Jim

IMG_0886.JPGIMG_0887.JPGIMG_0889.JPGIMG_0891.JPGIMG_0892.JPG