New truck for Sundance 265RK tows high in front

curly2001

Traded trucks for 2019 2500HD Chevy Silverado. Put in a Curt A16 slider. At the lowest settings the trailer is about 4" high in the front compared to measuring the rear end. Any ideas on how to lower the front without changing hitches or is this acceptable?
Thanks,
Curly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have enough bed rail clearance you could raise the pin box.

Peace
Dave

curly2001

This truck isn't by chance lifted?
No it is a 4x4 with 17" tires and not lifted. I think my best bet may be to remove the slider and put in the non-slider legs which should lower the hitch by about 3".

- - - Updated - - -

If you have enough bed rail clearance you could raise the pin box.

Peace
Dave
The pin box is at the top now. I wish it had some room to move it.

Traded trucks for 2019 2500HD Chevy Silverado. Put in a Curt A16 slider. At the lowest settings the trailer is about 4" high in the front compared to measuring the rear end. Any ideas on how to lower the front without changing hitches or is this acceptable?
Thanks,
Curly

Hey Curly, just a thought, if the axles are above the springs, by flipping the axles to below the springs, that would raise the fiver, and allow you to level it without decreasing your bed to trailer hight.
just my two cents :)
Jim

curly2001

Pulled the slider out and made the hitch stationary. This dropped the nose height about 2" and leaves me about 2" high now. Probably will try it that way and see what happens. I may be able to drop one more hole in the hitch and see what happens with the bed rails.
Curly