Watch DVD in bedroom

40sarge

Is it possible to watch a DVD in the bedroom from the entertainment DVD player in the main living area?

danemayer

Hi 40sarge,

Welome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The output of the video player is connected directly to the living room TV. To play it in the bedroom, or on either TV, you'd need to split the output coming off the player. To get it into the bedroom, there are 2 choices: 1) put a diplexer (opposite of a splitter) on the Cable/Antenna coax coming from the living room wall plate so you can feed the video signal back through the coax to the other TV, or 2) use an audio/video transmitter/receiver to send the signal wirelessly to the other room. Amazon has many of these transmitter/receivers at various price points. The less expensive units may lack Hi-Def video quality.

Before buying, you'll need to check on the input/output connectors to make sure everything will match.

Lynn1130

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JDXPR...olid=16KM1JXTFJTV7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is the method I plan to use to be able to get DISH from the main TV to the other two TVs in the RV. In the case of DISH you can only watch the channel that the DISH receiver is tuned to and it requires running HDMI from the splitter to other TVs but I would think that this would also be possible with a DVD.

Feedback on the RF units was not that good and I decided not to go that route.

But, with BlueRay units being so cheap it would be easier/cheaper to purchase another BlueRay for the bedroom TV.

Bogie

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JDXPR...olid=16KM1JXTFJTV7&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

This is the method I plan to use to be able to get DISH from the main TV to the other two TVs in the RV. In the case of DISH you can only watch the channel that the DISH receiver is tuned to and it requires running HDMI from the splitter to other TVs but I would think that this would also be possible with a DVD.

Just as there are numerous ways to deal with getting the Satellite Receiver/DVD signal to a secondary TV, there are also ways to deal with extending RF remote signals. Take a look HERE.

Lynn1130

But the question was not about extending a remote signal. A blaster works for that. This was a case of receiving a DVD playing on one TV at another TV.

LBR

I just used an A/B swith with amplifier to send wired HDMI to our garage...could be done to bedroom just as easy.

Bogie

But the question was not about extending a remote signal. A blaster works for that. This was a case of receiving a DVD playing on one TV at another TV.

Lynn,

I was only addressing your comment about not being able to change the channel on the DISH receiver .

Extending the signal had already been addressed.

Lynn1130

Lynn,

I was only addressing your comment about not being able to change the channel on the DISH receiver .

Extending the signal had already been addressed.

OK, sorry I think we had a miscommunication. If I used the item that I showed in the URL and the one DISH receiver on the main TV, the other TV's will only show the channel that the main TV is showing. (I would need individual DISH receivers or Joey's to see different channels on others). I had not planned to use a blaster mainly because the distance is so short between TVs and I probably need to get up to get a beer every so often anyway.

The remote Dan mentioned are RF repeaters that do the same as an HDMI cable. Send the same channel to another TV and I looked at that option to avoid having to fish HDMI cables but the evaluations were not good. Too many drop outs or didn't work across a room etc.

So, I did not mean that I could not change the channel. I meant that what is on the main TV is what is going to be on the other two.

garyroee

I needed an HDTV for the bedroom and I looked for the cheapest 32" I could find since I didn't watch it too often. I expected a decent TV but what a surprise to find the picture as good if not better than my 2 LGs.