Black Tank Flush with Wand

shawnmuir

My toilet pipe to the tank has an elbow in it to direct the waste to the tank. I would like to use a wand to spray the walls of the tank but the wand I have will be sideways when it goes around the elbow. I thought my toilet might go straight down to the tank but I was wrong. Is there a special way to stick a wand down there and give it a good cleaning? And is there a diagram of the tank so I know where the sensors are and how the tank was constructed? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Sensors are usually on the tank wall that the drain valve is attached to. As for the toilet drain, mine enters the top of the tank. There is a 60-degree elbow midway, but it’s vertical into the tank.

Have you removed the basement walls to examine the tank (depending in the floor plan)? You may be able to see how it’s actually plumbed.

NYSUPstater

How about one of those reverse flushers that attach to the sewer pipe connection? Never used one myself, but years ago was told they do a good job.

shawnmuir

I have one of the reverse flushers but I always assume the jet of water dosent go very far up into the tank. I’ll try it again and I’ll take the basement wall off and take a look. Thanks

RoadJunkie

I wouldn't waste time with the reverse nozzle adapter, the pressurized water doesn't get past the 90 degree turn and when the water catches up to the nozzle it basically stops any pressure. I would probably go to a professional tank "proctologist" if I felt I had a problem. The tank gauges installed on a factory unit are ineffective and can't be relied on anyway.

NYSUPstater

I wouldn't waste time with the reverse nozzle adapter, the pressurized water doesn't get past the 90 degree turn and when the water catches up to the nozzle it basically stops any pressure. I would probably go to a professional tank "proctologist" if I felt I had a problem. The tank gauges installed on a factory unit are ineffective and can't be relied on anyway.

Tank "proctologist", I like that one!!!

JohnDar

The sewer flush takes awhile to get water up into the black tank since the lines to the two gray tanks need to fill up to their shut-off valves first. Depending on the layout, it may take a bit. I use a water meter to judge how much water I've put into the system. Using it will help knock a blockage away from the tank valve opening as well as flush the sewer hose of any recalcitrant sewer trout.

The photo gives you an idea of how the toilet drain runs to the black tank.

Attachments

• IMG_2702 (Large).JPG
    IMG_2702 (Large).JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 57

shawnmuir

Thanks I noticed that. I will have a “ professional proctologist” lol give me a good cleaning. Never had one since I bought it. Just a piece of mind. Like to keep the pipes flowing. Heard too many horror story’s.

JohnDar

I wonder if using the same stuff in our tanks that they make you guzzle before a colonoscopy would work better. Add a bottle of magnesium citrate and it’s off to the races. Sure cleans my “pipes!”