Box on left front jack

dana22

What exactly does the box on the left front jack do on a 2016 Landmark? Can't find information about it. Also we seem to have problems keeping the unit totally stable on our asphalt pad. I'm sure its not 100% level but the jacks should adjust. It starts out fine, then over a couple of weeks the jacks start popping and there is noises when walking across the floor.

Ron Betine

danemayer

Hi Ron,

Seems like you have 3 questions:

1. What's the box on the jack? Need a picture
  2. What's the popping noise? Micro-movement in the landing jacks. Lippert issued a bulletin on this some years ago to add anti-stiction fluid to the hydraulic pump reservoir. Here's a link.
  3. Why is the unit not stable on asphalt? Not sure what you mean by this. 6 point levelup systems are usually pretty stable in the sense of not shaking when you walk around inside. But a washing machine spin cycle will produce some movement. If you mean that the front landing gear retracts a little by itself, you may have a fluid leak.

The popping noise and shaking can also be minimized by minimizing the extension of the front landing gear. You can do this by using blocks under the jacks.

dana22

Attached is a file that shows the black box which is attached to the left front jack of our 2016 Landmark. I'd like to know what this is and what it does in regards to the jack system. I'm still trying to figure out how I can stop these jacks from popping so loudly actually causing the unit to shake and why the frame makes sounds when we walk across the floor. Our combined weight isn't 325 pounds so it's not because we're big people. There's something that's not working like it should and I'm still trying to figure it out.
We have always used blocks under the front jacks as well as you mentioned to me previously.

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_113416559.jpg
    IMG_20200219_113416559.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 55

danemayer

Attached is a file that shows the black box which is attached to the left front jack of our 2016 Landmark. I'd like to know what this is and what it does in regards to the jack system. I'm still trying to figure out how I can stop these jacks from popping so loudly actually causing the unit to shake and why the frame makes sounds when we walk across the floor. Our combined weight isn't 325 pounds so it's not because we're big people. There's something that's not working like it should and I'm still trying to figure it out.
We have always used blocks under the front jacks as well as you mentioned to me previously.

Ron
Ron,

The picture is very out of focus, but it looks like the valve that opens to allow hydraulic fluid to flow into and out of the jack(s).

Have you read the LIP Sheet and added the anti-stiction fluid they recommend?