How to take down tv on mount

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dholcomb50, welcome to this great forum.
It would be very helpful if we knew the year and model of your Big Country.
Also consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. It's free and takes just a few minutes. Check the link in my sig.

Peace
Dave

Dmetcalf

Our tv went out and we need to know how to take the tv down. You cannot get to the back.

Typically with the non adjustable flat screen tv’s there are 2 screws you can access from the bottom of the tv mount ( you might need a long flat tip) and you loosen them up enough that you can lift the tv off of a track it is sitting in with those 2 lock screws holding it in place. Get a flashlight light and take a look

danemayer

If there's a piece of wood trim along the top edge, look to see if there are 3 mounting screws. If so, remove the screws and the trim. The TV will be hanging on 2 horizontal bars. The bottom will have a screw locking the TV bracket against the bar. Use a mirror and flashlight to locate the screw (or maybe 2) and loosen. Then you can pivot the bottom of the TV toward you a little and lift up off the top bar.

Because there are cables and cords attached, it's handy to have a 2nd person helping with them while you lift.

Dmetcalf

If there's a piece of wood trim along the top edge, look to see if there are 3 mounting screws. If so, remove the screws and the trim. The TV will be hanging on 2 horizontal bars. The bottom will have a screw locking the TV bracket against the bar. Use a mirror and flashlight to locate the screw (or maybe 2) and loosen. Then you can pivot the bottom of the TV toward you a little and lift up off the top bar.

Because there are cables and cords attached, it's handy to have a 2nd person helping with them while you lift.

I absolutely agree with having a second person to help.

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
We have a Big Country too (2017) and Dmetcalf is correct. There are two screws at the bottom. Remove and you can then lift the tv off the track mount (lift the bottom toward you, then up and off).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thensley

Why can’t they put swing out brackets on all models where it would be easy to work on or replace or install cables

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk