Heartlanders Hauling Motorcycles

Sniper

Those of you who know the Commander and I know that we do not go on any RV Adventure without our motorcycles. They were the reason we bought a toy hauler. So we were wondering if there are others out there who also take their road bikes with them as they rv around this great nation and if so, they might like to try to meet up with us while out on the road rving with their motorcycles in tow, weather in their toy hauler or, on an Idaho tote behind their LANDMARK? We are finalizing our travel plans for this year so drop us a line/message here or on our travel adventure page link below.

Safe travels everyone. :)

prewdog4

Those of you who know the Commander and I know that we do not go on any RV Adventure without our motorcycles. They were the reason we bought a toy hauler. So we were wondering if there are others out there who also take their road bikes with them as they rv around this great nation and if so, they might like to try to meet up with us while out on the road rving with their motorcycles in tow, weather in their toy hauler or, on an Idaho tote behind their LANDMARK? We are finalizing our travel plans for this year so drop us a line/message here or on our travel adventure page link below.

Safe travels everyone. :)

Hello,
Yes, we purchased our Cyclone TH just so we could take the bike (2017 Road Glide Special). We are taking our first real trip to Miami, Florida to visit our kids and grandson in April! Can’t wait! Planning a ride to Key West, and others...take care and drive and ride safe.

Mike & Cheryl P

Dennyha

We sometimes travel with our Ultra Limited. We took it to Maine last summer, and really enjoyed riding along the coast. Someday, we’ll take it to ride the keys.

Sniper

Hello,
Yes, we purchased our Cyclone TH just so we could take the bike (2017 Road Glide Special). We are taking our first real trip to Miami, Florida to visit our kids and grandson in April! Can’t wait! Planning a ride to Key West, and others...take care and drive and ride safe.

Mike & Cheryl P
Sweet! That's a great ride! We won't be in that area this year but, enjoy the ride.

Safe travels :)

- - - Updated - - -

We sometimes travel with our Ultra Limited. We took it to Maine last summer, and really enjoyed riding along the coast. Someday, we’ll take it to ride the keys.
Maine is one of our rv adventure stops this summer! We can't wait!

Safe travels :eek:

Dmetcalf

vac pic.jpg

I rode Harleys for over 25 years up til I had my second knee surgery two years ago. I then decided I had to go to 3 wheels. I tried (really hard) to like the Tri-Glide but after two test runs I just couldn't pull the trigger. I then tried the Can-Am Spyder (two wheels up front) and I was sold on it. Now my wife is going to make a quilt from my collection of H-D shirts. I figure at least I'm still in the wind and I honestly really enjoy the Can-Am Spyder. Here is a pic of us last summer with the camper and bike.

zolman

Been riding motorcycles since the 60's. And I'm a member of the Iron Butt Club. Did 13,600 miles in 15 days by going to the 4 corners of the
United States - Blaine, Washington; San Ysidro, California; Key West, Florida and Madawaska, Maine. But I've settled down to reasonable rides since retirement and have picked up some additional passengers in my wife and dog. So I use my Cyclone 3600 to haul my BMW R1200RT with a sidecar.

IMG_E9888.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5793.JPG
    IMG_5793.JPG
    669.1 KB · Views: 14

Dmetcalf

Been riding motorcycles since the 60's. And I'm a member of the Iron Butt Club. Did 13,600 miles in 15 days by going to the 4 corners of the
United States - Blaine, Washington; San Ysidro, California; Key West, Florida and Madawaska, Maine. But I've settled down to reasonable rides since retirement and have picked up some additional passengers in my wife and dog. So I use my Cyclone 3600 to haul my BMW R1200RT with a sidecar.

View attachment 63835

That is an awesome looking set up..! I once owned a BMW an 1100RT. Great bike but getting used to a dry clutch took a while. Hard to beat German engineering ….

Sniper

View attachment 63833

I rode Harleys for over 25 years up til I had my second knee surgery two years ago. I then decided I had to go to 3 wheels. I tried (really hard) to like the Tri-Glide but after two test runs I just couldn't pull the trigger. I then tried the Can-Am Spyder (two wheels up front) and I was sold on it. Now my wife is going to make a quilt from my collection of H-D shirts. I figure at least I'm still in the wind and I honestly really enjoy the Can-Am Spyder. Here is a pic of us last summer with the camper and bike.

I understand having to adjust, (in fact I finally going to sale my chopper this year. It's just collecting dust in the garage since 2014. I just can't ride it anymore :( ) we had to adjust due to my medical conditions. We used to throw everything on the bikes, ride all day and sleep on the ground, my medical conditions will just not allow that any longer, so the Commander suggested a toy hauler and we haven't looked back. I know my two wheeled days are numbered but not this day. NOT THIS DAY! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 63835

Love it!

Safe travels. :)

Dmetcalf

I understand having to adjust, (in fact I finally going to sale my chopper this year. It's just collecting dust in the garage since 2014. I just can't ride it anymore :( ) we had to adjust due to my medical conditions. We used to throw everything on the bikes, ride all day and sleep on the ground, my medical conditions will just not allow that any longer, so the Commander suggested a toy hauler and we haven't looked back. I know my two wheeled days are numbered but not this day. NOT THIS DAY! :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

Love it!

Safe travels. :)

LOL, I hear ya .! Stay safe and enjoy ..!

Sniper

Our 1st adventure of the year will be in the Maggie Valley area of North Carolina at Pride RV Resort from 25 April - 1 May if anyone would like to meet up for a ride or just to stop by to say hello if your from or going to be in that area drop us line on this thread, private message if you prefer or, our adventure page link below. Looking forward to hearing from ya. :cool:

porthole

Retired
Our 1st adventure of the year will be in the Maggie Valley area of North Carolina at Pride RV Resort from 25 April - 1 May if anyone would like to meet up for a ride or just to stop by to say hello if your from or going to be in that area drop us line on this thread, private message if you prefer or, our adventure page link below. Looking forward to hearing from ya. :cool:

Have you been t the Maggie Valley area before?

porthole

Retired
We have not. We've been to the Smokies but not specifically Maggie Valley.

Great area, I probably have 15,000 miles riding there.
Wheels Through Time museum is a must.

That time of year it will be cold in the morning and comfortable in the afternoon, cold by the time you get back.

If you head to the Asheville area the low sun coming back can make for an uncomfortable ride back.
If you are planning on the Dragon, try for Monday - Thursday and watch your speed.

Sniper

Great area, I probably have 15,000 miles riding there.
Wheels Through Time museum is a must.

That time of year it will be cold in the morning and comfortable in the afternoon, cold by the time you get back.

If you head to the Asheville area the low sun coming back can make for an uncomfortable ride back.
If you are planning on the Dragon, try for Monday - Thursday and watch your speed.

Thanks. Wheels Through Time is on the list. Rode the Dragon many times back in our sleeping on the ground under a lean-to off the side of the bikes days and once since we've owned our toy hauler when we stayed at up the creek rv park on the Tennessee side. We always have our cold weather riding gear packed when were in the mountains no matter the time of year. Ya just never know what mother nature will throw at cha. We are looking forward to it. :)

Sniper

Sadly the campground we were going to stay at in Maggie Valley had to cancel all reservations during the time we were going to be there sooo... Our first adventure of the year will not be until Memorial weekend were we'll be at the Wapakoneta, Ohio KOA for 4 days. so if anybody would like to swing by there for a visit or a ride please feel free to drop us a line. Hopefully we'll be able to plan a rescheduled visit to Maggie Valley soon. Stay safe out there everyone. :)